LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

going to be installing my scc springs this weekend if my 275/40/18 tires will work.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a picture I took earlier today with my new rear springs:

Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

Im done and just need an alignment. It looks sick! No rubbing
Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
Im done and just need an alignment. It looks sick! No rubbing
I'll wait a week or so for thoughts. I'm still debating on what rubber to get for my extra 18x8s.

Could you test out those 275s in the rear?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

pictures?????
Old 10-24-2010, 01:44 AM
12 Second Club

I'll post some pics after i get my alignment. Car drives straight, and is much more responsive. Should have come like this from the factory. Plenty of ground clearance.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll post some pics after i get my alignment. Car drives straight, and is much more responsive. Should have come like this from the factory. Plenty of ground clearance.
how much clearance did you have between the fender and tires?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Front is 26 and the rear is 27 from the ground up to the wheel well opening. I have about 2" gap up front and 1" gap in the rear. I'll take another measurement later. The car looked bad *** with just the front springs installed. It had the old school muscles car look
Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

I can try my 275's in the rear but i don't think they'll fit. Too dam wide, especially on the 8" wheel.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can try my 275's in the rear but i don't think they'll fit. Too dam wide, especially on the 8" wheel.
Thanks.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

*BUMP* for updates and pictures.

I believe you are three hours behind, so it should still be light out.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GXP25
*BUMP* for updates and pictures.

I believe you are three hours behind, so it should still be light out.

^ what he said
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Got the alignment but need to take some pics. It's been pourning lately and its extreamly windy.
Car is much lower when looking at it from the front. Also, it likes to hit curbs now so I am learning how to be a little more careful when parking. I haven't been able to really flex the suspension yet, but it does feel more responsive. Ride quality is WAY.. better then stock. Nice and firm! I just ordered some new sway bar bushing from the W body store to help firm it up some more. I am hoping for a little more drop once/if the springs settle in. I could use another .5-.75" drop up front. The rear is fine with stock tires. Plenty of room up front guys, with no rubbing.

GXP25
I don't think the 275's will fit in the rear. I can try this weekend for you. 255's would be pushing it!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes! You have to be wary when parking. You cannot pull up to the curbs nor can you park up close those cement parking blocks.

Thanks. I really hope they fit out back.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:38 AM
Teching In

I'm sorry if this sounds like a newbie question but have u guys noticed a difference in the front end when u get on her a little? I mean like before the springs our cars like to lift way up in the front like shes trying to show everyone her weak *** tranny underneath her. So after the springs have u noticed her staying a lot more level or even some torque steer help? This would probably be the only reason I would want these springs because looking sweet as hell and bottoming out on every Minnesota pothole isn't really great buying factors.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

*BUMP* for pictures and updates. I really need to know about those 275s out back before I buy new rubber and get an alignment.

Originally Posted by mngxp
I'm sorry if this sounds like a newbie question but have u guys noticed a difference in the front end when u get on her a little? I mean like before the springs our cars like to lift way up in the front like shes trying to show everyone her weak *** tranny underneath her. So after the springs have u noticed her staying a lot more level or even some torque steer help? This would probably be the only reason I would want these springs because looking sweet as hell and bottoming out on every Minnesota pothole isn't really great buying factors.
I drove up to Atlanta and then D.C. this summer and I didn't have a problem. My front end feels fine during acceleration.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

I'm stuck on base for the next two weeks on lock down guys. I don't even have a car LOL. Sorry. I would recommend ani pogo washers cause the front end bounce is retarded without them. I have noticed more response from the steering wheel. Tq steer is about the same and the *** end doesnt seem to sqaut down as much. Its the bounce that I can't stand. I will try to mount my tires soon..
Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm stuck on base for the next two weeks on lock down guys. I don't even have a car LOL. Sorry. I would recommend ani pogo washers cause the front end bounce is retarded without them. I have noticed more response from the steering wheel. Tq steer is about the same and the *** end doesnt seem to sqaut down as much. Its the bounce that I can't stand. I will try to mount my tires soon..
What bounce?

I've had these since April and have had no bounce. In that time, I've made two trips to Miami and one to Atlanta and D.C.

Maybe you didn't put the strut mounts back on correctly? Maybe your struts are shot?

Sorry to hear about you being on base.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

When I hit big bumps my front likes to bounch. I'm pretty sure everything is installed correctly. I've seen the pogo washers on zzp's web site and assume that these are what I need. The car definitely has more bounce to it then before.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I hit big bumps my front likes to bounch. I'm pretty sure everything is installed correctly. I've seen the pogo washers on zzp's web site and assume that these are what I need. The car definitely has more bounce to it then before.
That's a possibility, but the anti-pogo washers aren't for that.

The anti-pogo washers are to counter the pogo effect. Specifically the short bouncing effect you see on the imports with cut springs. They're pretty obvious by everyday driving on roads and over crosswalks and small street imperfections. You tend to see the driver and passengers all bouncing/hopping in the car.

These springs don't suffer from that.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have noticed this also. when i had my struts out i could push the strut in and it would just stay there. pretty sure they were shot but i just threw them back on

Quick Reply: going to be installing my scc springs this weekend if my 275/40/18 tires will work.