LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super
View Poll Results: When should we have the meet?
Late April
6.67%
mid May
40.00%
Early June
53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Michigan meet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TSS09SS
Pick a date in the Spring, get at least 5 people to commit, and I will host it at my office and good supply food and beverage. I have a huge parking lot and can see the Capitol from my office. We can take a spin around the Capitol loop. I did it with my Z (Nissan/Datsun) Z club and it was a blast. Several folks I know from the NAIOA site and Impalaforums.com would show up too. Plus one of my business partners who has an 08 SS. So I figure if we can get 5 here on this forum, then the total will be at least a dozen, which would make it worth it.
so your saying have the meet in Lansing MI?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

im down for lansing
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhiteGXP313
so your saying have the meet in Lansing MI?
Yes. That is correct.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TSS09SS
Yes. That is correct.
o bros road trip
Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

lansing is about 2 hours 45 minutes so still good for me....need to give me some heads up if i need to bring my detailing **** so i can order if need be with the details i got lined up already
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
lansing is about 2 hours 45 minutes so still good for me....need to give me some heads up if i need to bring my detailing **** so i can order if need be with the details i got lined up already
Oh Geeze, Here we go, It could be a long day for you DP!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hazards280
Oh Geeze, Here we go, It could be a long day for you DP!
if the turn out is what it looks like i could be there for a week lol....i doubt i would want to work on a whole car...maybe if anybody had any scratches that werent too deep that they wanted worked on or certain section on the car i would be down for that....just need an outlet....im too meticulous to be able to do a whole car without making it perfect
Old 02-08-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

if the turn out is what it looks like i could be there for a week lol....i doubt i would want to work on a whole car...maybe if anybody had any scratches that werent too deep that they wanted worked on or certain section on the car i would be down for that....just need an outlet....im too meticulous to be able to do a whole car without making it perfect
Very True. Once I start a project, it has to be perfect before I call it complete. But on a very serious note, I have some surface scratches on the top of my spoiler that I cannot get out. I have tried almost everything. You do not see them until you get tight close but I have no idea on repair. The car is hard enough to keep clean as is, it's BLACK! WTF was I thinking
Old 02-09-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hazards280
Very True. Once I start a project, it has to be perfect before I call it complete. But on a very serious note, I have some surface scratches on the top of my spoiler that I cannot get out. I have tried almost everything. You do not see them until you get tight close but I have no idea on repair. The car is hard enough to keep clean as is, it's BLACK! WTF was I thinking
if you run your fingernail over them and they catch they are through your clearcoat and they would have to be wet sanded....if they dont catch you probably need to get a good buffer (PC or flex 3401) and a nice polish to work them out....do you have a buffer?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

if you run your fingernail over them and they catch they are through your clearcoat and they would have to be wet sanded....if they dont catch you probably need to get a good buffer (PC or flex 3401) and a nice polish to work them out....do you have a buffer?
I just went out and checked and it feels smooth, very smooth. You can just see faint scratches all around on top. As if someone sat something gritty on it. It doesnt stand out unless you are about a 8 inches from the spoiler looking down on it.

I do have a buffer, however I do not know of any polish/compound in which to use.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

there are a lot of good polishes out there.....first off what kind of buffer are you using?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

there are a lot of good polishes out there.....first off what kind of buffer are you using?
Nothing spectacular, i believe it is a 4 or 6 inch plain jane Sears buffer. I can get you the specifics and edit this post once I get home.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

well if you want to fix damage of any kind that buffer isnt goin to do anything for you no matter what polish you get...if you are looking to do paint correction you can look into a porter cable...you can get them for around $125...it is a good buffer for a beginner since there is 0 chance of burning throught the paint...some good polishes that i have seen work are Meguiars 105 and 205...Menzerna....3m..and of course my favorite Adams
Old 02-09-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

well if you want to fix damage of any kind that buffer isnt goin to do anything for you no matter what polish you get...if you are looking to do paint correction you can look into a porter cable...you can get them for around $125...it is a good buffer for a beginner since there is 0 chance of burning throught the paint...some good polishes that i have seen work are Meguiars 105 and 205...Menzerna....3m..and of course my favorite Adams

Okay, If I recall correctly my brother has a great buffer. He is the Manager at Jack Demmer Ford's Body Shop. I will see what he has as far as buffers and look into some Adams products.

Thanks for the help, I guess I should have PM'd you so everyone that was subscribed wasn't getting updates on my cars spoiler

Once again, Thanks

C ya at the meet
Old 02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

if its a rotary be careful cuz sometimes those cause more damage then good if in the wrong hands....hell just bring it down to me and ill fix ya up lol
Old 02-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Launching!

hey dp if your going to be in MI why don't you run you car out to vector for dyno tune? I know I'm going to be getting another one a week or so before the meet so Ill be in top shape for the meet, just in case any of you want to play on the way there. Not that any of us fine gentlemen engage in such juvenile behavior
Old 02-09-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by D J Real
hey dp if your going to be in MI why don't you run you car out to vector for dyno tune? I know I'm going to be getting another one a week or so before the meet so Ill be in top shape for the meet, just in case any of you want to play on the way there. Not that any of us fine gentlemen engage in such juvenile behavior
as much as i would want to i have other plans

we got a date for this yet so i can check my work schedule?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Launching!

as much as i would want to i have other plans

we got a date for this yet so i can check my work schedule?
o really?? I wouldn't mind a little me and you then sometime durning the meet, assumeing of course you plans are done lol.

I also second Dp's request for a firm date...
Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

sadly my plans arent going to be happenin til the warranty is up which is a ways down the road unfortunatley
Old 02-10-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

im thinking mid May?

Quick Reply: Michigan meet?