LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Do not use!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Do not use!!!!!!

Xentec hid headlights bought a 2 sets from eBay and the headlights failed horribly they have power and will not fire at all at least the fogs held on so I could drive home, waiting to see if they will replace them and on christmas to boot son of a b&tch
Old 12-25-2010, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
Xentec hid headlights bought a 2 sets from eBay and the headlights failed horribly they have power and will not fire at all at least the fogs held on so I could drive home, waiting to see if they will replace them and on christmas to boot son of a b&tch
Good luck with that I had bought two sets also and failed two months after . I sent them back to get replaced and they never sent my replacements and the number they gave me no one would answer. I even emailed them several times and no respone. Damn bastards!!! I eventuallly replaced them with silverstars.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

My VVME Hids both failed exactly 2 months after installing them, good thing theres a company by the name of DDM Tuning, I love those guys
Old 12-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

+1 for DDM Tuning. Have had a couple sets now with no issues and have many friends who'd say the same. For $42 shipped (and an American company!) you just can't go wrong.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Launching!

+2 for DDM tuning, bought 3 sets so far and they have all worked flawlessly. Customer service is also great, my first set i wanted slim ballast and the sent me large ballast. After contacting them within 2 days my account was credited with the price difference.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Iv bought over 50 sets from DDM Tuning with no issues wat so ever. Thank god. And hope I don't jynx myself. Lol but yea. And as far as tha lights since we got the same bulbs for top and bottom yu shoulda used the foglight ballast in tha headlights to get yóu home.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had that thought but didn't have a wrench on me to get to them at least the fogs are bright as hell

I guess this is more money put I'n to the lesson learned fund will be ordering the ddm
Old 12-25-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like DDM also. I bought lows and fogs for the Blazer, but the fogs I believe have bad ballasts. I have to turn the fogs on and off to get 'em to come on. Good thing is that they will honor warranty.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

The general consensus for HIDs on this forum is DDM Tuning. That's another one of those beaten to death topics.

At any rate, does nobody Google companies anymore for reviews/horror stories?
Old 12-25-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GXP25
The general consensus for HIDs on this forum is DDM Tuning. That's another one of those beaten to death topics.

At any rate, does nobody Google companies anymore for reviews/horror stories?
I would search this damn site before I searched google. I'd say 70% of the total threads in this section are HID related.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
I would search this damn site before I searched google. I'd say 70% of the total threads in this section are HID related.
or tranny failures
Old 12-25-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hawkins04
or tranny failures
or intake swaps
Old 12-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

or exhaust setups?
Old 12-25-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

There isn't that many HID threads.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12916767
https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12916776

There're plenty.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Isn't that what the site is here for?
Old 12-25-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
Isn't that what the site is here for?
No. The site is for up-to-date technical information regarding modification and improvement. I think you will find that with this site as a whole, you will find more people that are interested in going fast rather than doing little appearance mods. Most of the "tech" behind the appearance mods is pretty basic, while most of the performance mods are more involved.

Cluttering up the forum with multiple posts about HIDs, simple exhaust questions (resonator removal comes to mind), and trans failures is irritating and hinders the technical progress of the forum. The LS4 section has this odd endemic of the same material being posted over and over and over again when most questions can be answered with a simple search.

I bet you that if you searched "HIDs" in this section, you would find at least 50 people that bought a DDM kit and absolutely love them. In hindsight, you would have never bought some shitty eBay rip off HID kit and would be satisfied with your purchase because you did your research and made an educated purchase.

Rule #1: Use the search function.

Rule #2: Don't mod your car using parts off eBay.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea bub the point of the thread was to let people know of a inferior product and Im not the only one who bought them so the thread was a just cause

And seriously it's a forum page so calm down if you don't like the thread don't read it it's pretty simple.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

not for nothing though there are threads on here that are redundant i dont think theres really a need to break out the pitch forks and torches. i mean in all seriousness theres been a bunch of people on here getting all fired up with this whole search crap, rants, and what not about it, but at the end of the day no one is forced to read the thread or post a comment in it. there is definitely no technical up to date info in the merry christmas thread. i personally thought this was a forum of car guys with the same cars. if i see a thread thats been covered a million times before, i post in it cause i like giving and getting new info and debating ****. hence my posts in the 5 threads that offered no up to date technical info about the 2011 mustang gt vs camaro ss. i mean if this was a thread that was asking about ddm hid kits im sure the moderator would have come in here and suggested a search himself, but it wasnt. anyway its the holidays no need to argue. carry on gentlemen.
p.s. i agree with nacho. quit buying that cheap ebay ****!!!!
p.s.s. and use the ******* search noob!!!! lol j/k
Old 12-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Banned

Well, thanks for letting me know that this brand, I've never heard of, is far inferior to DDM, mentioned in MANY thread.

Merry Christmas, Bub.