LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

g8 officially coming back as a chevy

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ i like those tails better than what came on it but you know if they come out with chevy's version of the g8 it going to be expensive
Old 01-11-2011, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

i want to pick up a camaro in the next year or two. maybe theres a way to buy just that light panel sans the bumper. i definitely agree that if/when the g8 comes out as a chevy itll be to rich for my blood. im goin to try and pick up a certified used camaro or g8 hopefully with low miles.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
i want to pick up a camaro in the next year or two. maybe theres a way to buy just that light panel sans the bumper. i definitely agree that if/when the g8 comes out as a chevy itll be to rich for my blood. im goin to try and pick up a certified used camaro or g8 hopefully with low miles.
If or when chevy badges the G8, you're probably going to be looking at 32k easy and thats just the plain mary jane model.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JP07GXP
But Ive been in a shitty mood since Pontiac was killed. I wanted a new Firebird.
here ya go:

http://f5-ta.com/

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 01-11-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
here ya go:

http://f5-ta.com/
99% of the new Firebird/Trans Am concepts have been a total fail...this is no exception.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

epic win
Old 01-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

There were a lot of iterations of the Pontiac skinned Camaro's at SEMA this year, and the ones that stood out that I saw there were the Lingenfelter and a smaller business that made a version of the Smokey car.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

epic win

looks more like a BMW on steroids and those are some hideous rims
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSCoop
looks more like a BMW on steroids and those are some hideous rims
idk about all that. i dnt see beemer when i look at it. i see a 70-73 ta, and the wheels? come on what could be cooler than the honeycombs in a big size!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

epic fugly *** FAIL
^Fixed

The only one I kind of liked was the one they featured in Hot Rod magazine. The tail lights on it are awful though...and you can still tell it's just a camaro with bumpers on it.
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl.../photo_01.html
Old 01-14-2011, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think it was a win. it looks like what it was supposed to look like. hell i give them credit for making it look like a second gen even though they had to build it off of a car thats supposed to look like a first gen. lpersonally i wasnt a fan of smokey and the bandit. i thought the car was gay with the bat mobile nose and sally fields is gross. any port in a storm i guess. to each his own.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They dont need Pontiac to sell trans ams. They could sell them as a special version of the camaro. The trans am... why not

For the G8 I hope to god they dont rename it a chevelle. As a 1970 chevelle owner, I would be pissed. The car looks nothing like a chevelle and never could with that body. It's an amazing car but anyone can tell it has no chevelle in it.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Launching!

i personally think that the muscle car was started back up with the introduction of the ls1 in the camaro and the 4v cobras. if anything i think theyre hotter than they have been in my lifetime at least.
im surprised your head doesnt rub the ceiling in your monte at 6'8. im 6'1 and i only have a couple of inches. i personally like the interior of the camaro. its a huge leap from the ls1 car, and ive driven the car and i havent had to fold myself in half to get in it, my buddy has one and hes 6'2 with no issues. then again your not exactly the average male height either.
i hate the back of the car, but the rest of it is pretty good. theres a company that makes a different rear for it that uses the 69 tail lights, but the bumper on it is horrible. now if they had those tail lights from the factory id be happy with the car.

sure, if i sit up straight and on my ***, my head goes out the sunroof a little bit, but most cars like 95 % of them, i have to do this in ... but the new camaro/ mustang ... i cant even get in them and find a comfortable seating position

and the camaro with the retro taillights looks good ... but the car itself looks like a hotwheel on steroids,

epic win

this is exactly what i meant when i said, they should be a throwback to the old days in the styling, not try to make a modern re-imagining ...

too big, looks like a sema car, and nothing else

but my hatred for the camaro could stem from the fact that i do alot of graphic design, draweries, logos, and even used to draw cars as a kid ... and if i see something that i could do with a sharpie, 5 minutes and pepper spray in my eyes ... it makes me made ...
Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

idk about all that. i dnt see beemer when i look at it. i see a 70-73 ta, and the wheels? come on what could be cooler than the honeycombs in a big size!!!

now that i look at the first gen ta, it looks like it a big. i just dont like those wheels. would some torque thrust or american racing rims look good on that?

Quick Reply: g8 officially coming back as a chevy