LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tune ? for catless downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure of the codes but my check engine light comes on when i open my cutout which is before the cat s im guessing it prolly is
Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
not sure of the codes but my check engine light comes on when i open my cutout which is before the cat s im guessing it prolly is
hmmm do you have a pic of your setup? (downpipe/cutout) or please do explain what exhaust setup you have.. untuned im guessing?

do you have the stock dp? and just slapped the cutout before the cat?
so the only thing that happens is the check engine light going off?
im sure the codes do go off but just wanted to make sure if it would make any type of difference damage wise, to the computers or watever since there would be no exhaust going through the sensor by the cat..
Old 03-25-2011, 01:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SSGoat
hmm well im thinking about it, and what would be the difference if i swap the downpipe for the catless one i have as to if i moved the cutout up to the stock downpipe with cat, but before the cat...
would it pretty much throw off the same codes?
i do plan on tuning but not now, i do want to keep the cat thogh so if i could be catless wit the open cutout before the cat, but still be able to have quiet exhaust with the cutout closed then ill just go that direction, im looking more for noise rather performance right now, once i get the cash to tune her ill probably get the 3in c/l dp on her...

what are your thoughts on just replacing the cutout before the cat on stock dp instead of putting a catless dp?
you'll need to tune out the same stuff...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-25-2011, 01:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
yep...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 03-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Launching!

ahh ok thanks, ill probably be contacting you in the near future 06monte

but for now i think ill keep the stock dp and get my cutout rewelded before the cat..

thanks guys, saving me some monies lol
Old 03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Lew. This helps alot! We shall see what happens.

-Mike
Old 03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

awesome man, glad to help out!!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Ive had my check engine light on for a few months now.. went to autozone for the scantool and it came up as the Cat sensor, which makes sense given im running a full open DP...

Mechanic friend mentioned when some codes come up they can directly affect how safeguards and protection modes impact on driving. Car has been acting a little funny lately could this or any of these codes tied to behavior?

Quick Reply: Tune ? for catless downpipe