LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

My 2008 Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

Location: Origionally-Winnipeg Manitoba, Currently-Fort McMurray Alberta
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone on here ever adjust headlights? I've turned the screw on the top of the light and got the low beams to align, but the high beams (on the right side only, left side is perfect) seem to be pointing directly 6 feet in front of the car at the ground..

These are aftermarket headlights... so i'm thinking i may have just put the bulb in wrong (though there is no wobble in the light when i drive the car).

Is there a way to adjust high beam height?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 AM
On The Tree

I think i got it figured out, it was made in china. LOL jk, but the circular part of the headlight wasn't sitting in the adjuster right, got it to work.. kinda, still sort of low compared to the drivers side..

on a side note, has anyone replaced the amp in your car? (for the audio) I'm curious if i put in a bigger amp, would that make the stock deck/speakers pump out more sound? I'm at half volume and it sounds like i should be at 1/4 volume... (checked fuse on pass side, it was ok, is there a fuse on the amp in the trunk?) anyways, i might just go buy an amp tomorrow and see if it makes a diff... (sry to ask so many questions, but anyone know the wattage of the stock 08 imp amp? lmfao, 'imp amp')
Old 07-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=lunchbox_89;15136856]Awesome, thanks for the replies. Gonna be orderin Don Rome STB bars once i get the slight vibration out of my front end... not sure if I lost a wheel weight, or (hopefully not) tie rods..

Had that prob. Dealership gave me 100 alignments. 100 balances. Used over 700 in the warranty's money.Guess they couldnt find out what was wrong. Still vibrates sometimes. One of rims are bent slightly and they told me that wasnt the problem. IDK!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

So I had a look on here to see what i could do for cheap and....

Single best thing I've done to my car, and it was free.

FLIP THAT MOTOR MOUNT! Turns that engine into a whole new beast!

Before i would be able to get the tires to break free at 40km/h, now they break at 60km/h no prob.. and the response is wicked! I love that mod!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lunchbox_89
So I had a look on here to see what i could do for cheap and....

Single best thing I've done to my car, and it was free.

FLIP THAT MOTOR MOUNT! Turns that engine into a whole new beast!

Before i would be able to get the tires to break free at 40km/h, now they break at 60km/h no prob.. and the response is wicked! I love that mod!
im scared that if i do that, its going to mess up something on my car knowing my luck. (trans, engine, or something really expensive to fix)
Old 07-31-2011, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xdynasty725x
im scared that if i do that, its going to mess up something on my car knowing my luck. (trans, engine, or something really expensive to fix)
Honestly I understand why GM made it the way they did, if you look at it it has two holes through it, those act as absorbers for the engines torque. they dampen the responsiveness of the engine and make it transition its torque more smoothly.

Now when you flip it those open space become void and the engine is forced to put that torque to the wheels.. As long as your not doing neutral bombs you should be fine (imo)..

Though I was worried about the same thing so I decided to keep with the stock rubber mount cause it does offer some flex (even when rotated) to the engine rather than making it completely rigid.

I'm sure there are some people on here that have done it and put on a few miles with no adverse affects.. I searched it thoroughly and there seems to be none.. at this point *knocks on wood*
Old 07-31-2011, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Does it void warranty?

I gotta search how to do it
Old 08-01-2011, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Does it void warranty?

I gotta search how to do it
I really dunno man.. Its super easy though, there's a few threds on here that explain how to do it, just make sure you got a lot of WD40, and to shift the rubber mount and spray in places that haven't been hit yet.. mine ripped a little cause I was trying to force it too much but it ended up being ok, just a flesh wound.

there is a slight downside to doing this though.. your tires will brake free at speeds your not really used to.. traction control usually takes care of it but kinda freaky if your not expecting it. Def need to get those don rome strut bars in there now.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

I really dunno man.. Its super easy though, there's a few threds on here that explain how to do it, just make sure you got a lot of WD40, and to shift the rubber mount and spray in places that haven't been hit yet.. mine ripped a little cause I was trying to force it too much but it ended up being ok, just a flesh wound.

there is a slight downside to doing this though.. your tires will brake free at speeds your not really used to.. traction control usually takes care of it but kinda freaky if your not expecting it. Def need to get those don rome strut bars in there now.
well see, im too scared now lol
Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

It's really easy to do. I initially flipped mine, but decided to replace the OEM unit with a polyurethane unit I picked up online.

I did a write-up on the polyurethane mount a year or so ago:

http://wesleydean.com/polymount/

I hope this helps, even if only to demonstrate how easy this mod is.

Also, Don Rome's strut tower braces are incredible--you'll definitely notice a difference after installing them. They're similarly very easy to install:

http://wesleydean.com/stb/

Wes
Old 08-02-2011, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wesdean78
It's really easy to do. I initially flipped mine, but decided to replace the OEM unit with a polyurethane unit I picked up online.

I did a write-up on the polyurethane mount a year or so ago:

http://wesleydean.com/polymount/

I hope this helps, even if only to demonstrate how easy this mod is.

Also, Don Rome's strut tower braces are incredible--you'll definitely notice a difference after installing them. They're similarly very easy to install:

http://wesleydean.com/stb/

Wes
Nice work! but damn i rather take it to someone else that knows what there doing, i fu*k up the simplist **** lol
Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Nice work! but damn i rather take it to someone else that knows what there doing, i fu*k up the simplist **** lol
if you want I could take a vid of how to do it (next week on days off)... Its really simple, no joke.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

if you want I could take a vid of how to do it (next week on days off)... Its really simple, no joke.
If you want, not gonna force you. SInce you can make a vid of doing it you mines well lol, seems simple if you can tape this lol
Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Here's a vid of my tail lights on my imp, just got the cover for the 3rd brake light. (all LED)

[youtube]1iJ5I5MzK18[/youtube]
Old 08-26-2011, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

Looks good bro
Old 08-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Teching In

where did you get the led lights or did you modify stock?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rambo819
where did you get the led lights or did you modify stock?
got them from ebay

all lights but reverse lights were LED, but I have some 62 LED reverse bulbs on the way, should be here any day now. though the LED brake lights are bright enough to see whats behind you I wanted to go all LED.

Quick Reply: My 2008 Impala SS