LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Chrome Lip On Lower Grill?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Lip On Lower Grill?

Hey guys, I need some input. I know too much chrome on a car looks like ***, but our cars don't have much anyway. Well, the Blue and Silver theme I am trying to stick with, and I was thinking about putting a chrome lip on the edge of my lower grill. I don't like the upper grills on ebay that are plain black, and I kind of like the ways the impalas are with chrome lips on the upper and lower grills. I hate the fact that on the Montes, they did half and half, I don't understand why they didn't either chrome both, or neither. Well, enough blabbing, I photoshopped a chrome lip to my lower grill to see if I would like it. What do you all think? Yay, or nay?
Attached Thumbnails Chrome Lip On Lower Grill?-dsc_1304.jpg   Chrome Lip On Lower Grill?-dsc_1533.jpg  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i kinda like the look of the chrome on the bottom
Old 08-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Launching!

I like it. I also agree that GM should have done both. Grilles the same.
What will you use for the trim?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Launching!

More than likely, I will just pick up a pack of the chrome door edge stuff at autozone, it should slide right over the edges of the grill.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JWMayes
Hey guys, I need some input. I know too much chrome on a car looks like ***, but our cars don't have much anyway. Well, the Blue and Silver theme I am trying to stick with, and I was thinking about putting a chrome lip on the edge of my lower grill. I don't like the upper grills on ebay that are plain black, and I kind of like the ways the impalas are with chrome lips on the upper and lower grills. I hate the fact that on the Montes, they did half and half, I don't understand why they didn't either chrome both, or neither. Well, enough blabbing, I photoshopped a chrome lip to my lower grill to see if I would like it. What do you all think? Yay, or nay?
Just when I get my black grill you hate it j/k
Old 08-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Hahaha, Mel. I have been wanting to do this for a while now, but never knew how, but when I was in Autozone, I saw some of the ricer chrome, and thought it might actually be perfect for the job. Don't get me wrong, the all black grill looks amazing on the right colors, especially the Red and Black. It will be interesting to see on the White and Silver cars, but I think it would look like crap on the Blue cars, as the chrome/silver just helps the blue pop more. I don't know if what Im saying makes, since, but oh well, lol. I will post pics of the lower grill with chrome edges tomorrow, I went out and got the stuff I need, hopefully it works, it was only 12 bucks.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

i like it too. i like the ebay grille i just dont like that it doesnt have the chrome around it. and here i thought i was the only one that like the grille surrounding the grille.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Well, I bought some of the junk ricer chrome for the edge around the lower grill, and well, its definitely junk. I couldn't get the stuff to bend around the edges, and then it cracked and the chrome started coming off. I also tried to cut the stuff in the corners to reduced the stress from bending it, and it looks like ***. On top of that, the sticky glue inside of it SUCKS! It doesn't even stick, I went inside to cool off for a couple hours today, and when I came back out, the stuff was already falling off. DUMB! I don't know what else I can do, if the stuff stayed on their right, it might actually look half decent. I left it on over night to see how it looks, if it stays on when I go to work, I will take a pic.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

You have to get the plastic chromed.

I have yet to find someone who will chrome an exterior plastic grille trim at a decent price.