LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Potential 3" Exhaust Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrampage
No sir, still waiting. He said in the last e-mail that prices "should be around the ballpark you mentioned..", that was the 240-290 range shipped so I would expect it to fall in that area, hopefully on the low end of that because of all of the interest the thread is generating.

Might have to be a bit patient on this he's probably going to do some number crunching on the development costs to get a solid price point. I just hope it's cheaper than expected!
Well count me in then and put me on the list,3" stainless no res either 2-1/2" or 3" y pipe...
Old 08-18-2011, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid question, i know.. but are these a knock of magnaflows? they sound the same?
Old 08-18-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

This be 3".
Old 08-18-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Put me down for full 3''
Old 08-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS4:20
I'm 100% in for this, 3" stainless all the way back! Especially if that price is solid! Now.. Can someone find out if they ship to Canada?

I just went and priced myself a custom 3" stainless exhaust with aluminum flanges and was quoted well over $500 to build/install it, plus the cost of materials..

Please make this happen and PLEASE SHIP TO CANADA!!!
Depending where you are in Canada, I would help you out if they can't ship there. I live in MI, and I am always on your side of the pond...
Old 08-18-2011, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xdynasty725x
Stupid question, i know.. but are these a knock of magnaflows? they sound the same?
I wouldn't expect them to be a magnaflow knock off per say. No resonator is included or mufflers which has more impact on the sound anyways, so I would say sound preference would be ours to manipulate. I referred him to the magnaflow system for fitment and a cost comparison, not sure if he's going to mock them up similar or not, wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel if he did so I wouldn't be disappointed!

I can ask for a sound bite post development and maybe when GXP25 gets his car in there for fitment he will hang a whole system and give us something to listen to. If not I wouldn't be terribly disappointed.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Ehh first tally looks like 2 for 3" to 2.5", 9 for full 3", those of you who didn't give a preference just got thrown into 3" for now until I hear differently. Doesn't matter yet anyways as long as you are one or the other you are fine. Any special requests are tbd and didn't get counted, I can ask but doubtful he's going to want to make peculiar systems.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GXP25
No. This is from the catalytic converter to the mufflers.

So basically, a provide your own mufflers and tips affair.

So they are the same then? Even the Y section?

I don't think you can compare the Magnaflow kit because in the GXP kit, I believe that by changing everything out, they have altered the factory offset in/offset out muffler to a center in/center out.

Meh, maybe that other guy in Orlando with the SS could meet me up there one day.
Yeah I'm not confident enough to really know, I've heard in the past that the only different was the tips. By looking at the systems side by side I seen no noticeable differences even in the Y pipe, same bend angles, lengths etc. Would be in their best interest to find an Impala SS to be sure, I wouldn't want to see assumptions being made here and have people unhappy.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Update:

1. "...Canada is $85 for shipping"

2. "I am working with my exhaust guy on this. He sees it being around 2-3 months for a system to be made. Is this acceptable?"

2-3 months lead time for this system to be developed, me personally I don't really mind as long as the prices are decent. He's looking for 10 "committed" people, what the committed means exactly he didn't clarify. Kind of hard to "guarantee" 10 people 3 months down the road when a firm price hasn't been established, although he's said it will "likely be in the ballpark you mentioned" which was under $300 shipped for 3" stainless, we should be getting a solid price soon. As it is now we have about 13 conditionally.

3. "We would make both 3 and 2.5".

You folks who wanted the 3" to 2.5" systems may have to choose between one or the other or nothing at all...I asked if he would accommodate a split system, I haven't heard anything definitive back yet.

So big question is here can you guys wait 2-3 months for a system if he gets a solid price within a reasonable timeframe? Personally I'm still in.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Yes, I could wait!!

BTW, why is everyone so gung-ho on getting 3" all the way back? It is just going to make your car louder but not really provide any better breathing than a 3" to 2.5" split. Hell, that arrangement would support 500+ horsepower, way more than most any MC, Impala, or GP that I know of....at least those cars with wrong wheel drive.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 06RedRocket
Yes, I could wait!!

BTW, why is everyone so gung-ho on getting 3" all the way back? It is just going to make your car louder but not really provide any better breathing than a 3" to 2.5" split. Hell, that arrangement would support 500+ horsepower, way more than most any MC, Impala, or GP that I know of....at least those cars with wrong wheel drive.
I'm down for 3".

Remember just because it can support "up to" doesn't mean it will do so efficiently. Like a restrictor plate will support up to xxx hp but if you take it off the motor will make much more. A larger exhaust is helpful with nitrous and turbo cars and even with a cam swap it will be helpful for those 6900-7000rpm pulls. Most major tuners recommend a full 3" system with these cars, especially after a cam swap. Will it loose a little on an otherwise stock car over a 2.5" system? Yes. The thermodynamics won't be "right" but you won't have the room to upgrade like you would with a 3" kit.

This is just IMO.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wink

Its official like a referee whistle, full 3" stainless for me!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

I'm still in!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

So ya'll know the system is in development, there may not be any updates for a while but Mark has told me he is working on it daily. So keep it in the back of your brain for a while and if I hear anything new I will pass it along!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Bump for anyone else interested. Mark says he's still pushing development. Going to bump every 3 weeks so new ppl have an opportunity to get on board and to see if anyone drops off.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Selling the car I think, so I maybe out.. Found a clean used G8 GXP that has my name on it.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Nice choice love those cars! For everyone else Mark said to expect "something" by the end of the week when asked about prices and ETA on the systems. So expect to hear more soon.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redlightrampage
Nice choice love those cars! For everyone else Mark said to expect "something" by the end of the week when asked about prices and ETA on the systems. So expect to hear more soon.
Yeah, if I don't end up getting that car then I will probably just keep the GXP I have now. I need the 4 door or else I would have a vette or F body..
Old 09-24-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cts-v?
Old 09-26-2011, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Update from Mark this morning:

"Just talked to my exhaust guy. He is finishing up two big projects in the next few weeks. Once he is done he can start the process of getting me a quote and a test system out to a customer. So we should be seeing something soon"

GXP25: You still going to do the testing?

Quick Reply: Potential 3" Exhaust Group Buy