Yeah whenever he emails me.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im down lfor stainless 3 inch let me know
Old 09-30-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

im in for a 3" stainless....anyway i would be able to keep the stock tips?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

It doesn't come with mufflers so yeah if you wanted to make it work you could. I'd imagine you lose quite a bit of inner diameter on those on the way out though? Not sure I'd want that tappered at the end like that but thats just me.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redlightrampage
It doesn't come with mufflers so yeah if you wanted to make it work you could. I'd imagine you lose quite a bit of inner diameter on those on the way out though? Not sure I'd want that tappered at the end like that but thats just me.
Slap a 3" cutout on it before the mufflers and call it a day. That way you keep the "stock" look, but have all the sound and performance of 3" exhaust.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Anymore updates on this?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Nope. I send him emails every 2 weeks. I sent one 3 days ago and he said he doesn't have anything new to report.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Good news on this front, got an e-mail last night from Mark and it looks like he is about 2 weeks away from having a test system ready! Cost of the system still hasn't been divulged but like he said before it should be under $300 shipped.

For now I'd like to know if anyone who already put their name up here isn't interested anymore??? I need to get him a solid tally tomorrow so if you changed your mind let me know, also if you want to jump on board now is the time. PLEASE re-read all of my posts before you make assumptions about what you are getting out of this.

Last edited by redlightrampage; 10-31-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Edit your first post with the list of names with numbers next to them. Also stipulate that it'll be 3" all the way.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

"We would make both 3 and 2.5" . I will ask again just to be sure but it sounds like the split sized system people would have to choose one or the other. I'll update the first post though.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

I updated the tally on the first post. Looks like most people moved to the 3" anyways so I guess it's all good. I need to hear back from FM1R and 06REDROCKET. I believe FM1R sold his car and 06REDROCKET needs to pick an exhaust size. Until I hear otherwise it's full 3" or full 2.5", no split systems.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Staging Lane

For now I'd like to know if anyone who already put their name up here isn't interested anymore??? I need to get him a solid tally tomorrow so if you changed your mind let me know, also if you want to jump on board now is the time. PLEASE re-read all of my posts before you make assumptions about what you are getting out of this.
I'm interested in how the project goes--especially the dyno results--but I will not be making a purchase at this time.

Wes
Old 10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

I'm interested in how the project goes--especially the dyno results--but I will not be making a purchase at this time.
Ok, you aren't on the tally... unless you have another user name.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Ok, you aren't on the tally... unless you have another user name.
Yeah, no, I'm not on the tally, but I have been following the thread since it started.

I have a huge amount of respect and appreciation for folks like you guys who are innovating and coming up with new, improved parts for our cars.

So, I just want to say thank you to you and AlabamaGuy for your involvement with this.

Wes
Old 10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

So here is the deal, they want to do development and testing using Aluminized, 2.5", systems before they start producing "true" 3" stainless systems. Most of you want stainless steel, 3" but that isn't going to happen until they can work through any issues without wasting expensive material, understandable.

Here is the catch, they need a few people to test systems, read below, ignore the Grand Prix years, they are generalizing LS4s to all 3rd gen W-body exhausts not sure if that is even the right thing to do but I really don't care how they handle those other cars as long as we can get LS4s to hang systems on for fitment.

"We are looking for these people:

1. A Grand Prix owner from 04-08 (LS4 preferred) to test fit a 2.5 inch tubing kit.
2. A Monte Carlo owner from 06-07 (LS4 preferred) to test fit a 2.5 inch tubing kit.

We can offer an Aluminized System for $140 shipped to these owners. They would be pay $195.00 up front and receive a $55.00 refund once we receive feedback and pictures of the install."

Not sure why they didn't contact GXP25 to test fit or measure the GXP, that still could be an option instead of selling 2.5" to people who are in on a 3", stainless GB.

I'm assuming he is still willing to do the testing for the GXP, so we would probably need an LS4 Monte owner who either lives in the Orlando area or would be interested in buying a 2.5", Aluminized kit and helping with development.

If anyone for that matter is interested in the $140 2.5" Aluminized systems and can help with development please shoot me a PM with your contact info and I can relay it on to Mark.

I did ask about potentially paying for the $140 Aluminized system to return it after fitment is verified for credit toward a 3" stainless, haven't heard back yet as to that approach.

Not really what I was expecting to hear but it looks like we are still moving forward on this at least.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

So there has been a bit of a change, apparently they resolved the fitment issues and won't be needing to test 2.5", Aluminized systems first. Mark said the 3" systems should be rolling out the door in 2-3 weeks...below is the verbatim e-mail.

"For the payments, We will go ahead and set-up a GXP section on the website. From there I will include all the details. We dont take orders over the phone at all. People will be able to use CC or Paypal.

I am shooting for 2-3 weeks to start shipping, if everything goes as planned.

For the single exit guy I am still waiting to hear back

For the price, I will let you know very soon."

Lot of thanks go out to GXP25 for stopping by and helping Mark work through fitment issues. We would probably be weeks behind if he didn't happen to be in the area and willing to spend some time there.

If you haven't checked the 1st post please do so now and make sure that I did the tally right.

If you have particular questions please let me know and I can relay them on to Mark.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

So there has been a bit of a change, apparently they resolved the fitment issues and won't be needing to test 2.5", Aluminized systems first. Mark said the 3" systems should be rolling out the door in 2-3 weeks...below is the verbatim e-mail.

"For the payments, We will go ahead and set-up a GXP section on the website. From there I will include all the details. We dont take orders over the phone at all. People will be able to use CC or Paypal.

I am shooting for 2-3 weeks to start shipping, if everything goes as planned.

For the single exit guy I am still waiting to hear back

For the price, I will let you know very soon."

Lot of thanks go out to GXP25 for stopping by and helping Mark work through fitment issues. We would probably be weeks behind if he didn't happen to be in the area and willing to spend some time there.

If you haven't checked the 1st post please do so now and make sure that I did the tally right.

If you have particular questions please let me know and I can relay them on to Mark.
Lol really? I didn't do a thing. I've only been to his shop once, heh.

I was offered the chance to get the kit and test it out due to our schedules not working out (I'm not free weekends).
Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

LOL I know but he said he was going to get ahold of you so maybe it was just a premoniton...thanks in advance?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Updates:

"Test system is shipping to me (Mark) today. Once fitted, it will take a few days to get systems pumped out.

We are looking at $525 for a Stainless Steel 3" dual system, $450 for a Aluminized 3" dual system. Thats complete muffs and all.

If you wanted just piping it would be much cheaper. "

For JPGXP wanting the single exit:

"It will be $35 more because of a jig change."

To get a GB discount:

"For that pricing I would need 10 Orders, does not matter options. I will get you a piping kit price soon. "

Hard to tell if we have 10 solid when a 3" tubing setup hasn't been quoted shipped. If anyone doesn't forsee having the money available for the assumed price range in the next 3 weeks please let me know.

Shipping:

"Also Shipping is $45 US, $100 Canada"

This was full system shipping. I am still waiting on just the 3" stainless tubing kit price and the shipping for just that which is what we all were on this for.

I'm also waiting on whether or not a resonator will be included in the full-system if people wanted to go that route.

Still not sure about the total cost of the system that everyone has been expecting: 3" stainless, NO reso and NO mufflers. in case you missed it somehow. I had no idea he was going to do full-systems but that is a decent price for full, true 3" SS systems, no idea how they are going to sound I'm sure some people would want to hear that.

Double check the list in the first post...let me know if there are any changes to your plans.

More to follow..

Quick Reply: Potential 3" Exhaust Group Buy