LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

update on oil consumption and what gm did for me

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on oil consumption and what gm did for me

sorry guys ,i havent been on in a while but here ya go.
car had oil consumption problems,took it in and got new lifters etc.
3 months later i got an oil change by the dealer as requested , drove to missouri and back (i live in louisiana) and once i got home .. NO OIL.
so i took it back to the dealer.
the gxp has been there for about 3 months now. at first they just ordered new piston rings so the could redo them, well once the mechanic got into the engine he realized there was more damage as well ( my female friend answered the dealer today, she told me something like this," whatever the piston things go into was messed up as well") im sorry guys haha,should have answered the phone today. anyhow , corporate told them just to repair the engine and be done, but my mechanic and his manager fought for me and got permission after tons of paperwork and other bullcrap to finally get me a brand new engine. its already in the car, im just waiting for them to hook everything up.

i posted this because, as far as i know this is the farthest gm has gone to address this issue and what you guys can do for yourselves. ( my engine had 91,000 miles, now i have a new one.) im pretty damn happy. good luck to the rest of yall and i hope you can have the same results.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

3 months? Wow. At least they took care of it.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 AM
TECH Resident

Since they have the new engine sitting in a crate, you might as well put a cam, headers, and some N20 on it. It'll just make things easier!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:27 AM
TECH Addict

See now my engine consumes oil alot but I am not in a position to not have my car for 3 months. I guess my motor will just go to ****.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Launching!

i have a 2005 GXP with 75,XXX miles on it i use 3/4 to 1 quart every 1,000 miles
Old 10-27-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
See now my engine consumes oil alot but I am not in a position to not have my car for 3 months. I guess my motor will just go to ****.
they gave me a loaner car. at first i had a 2009 g6 but they sold it, so now im in a 2010 impala ltz

Quick Reply: update on oil consumption and what gm did for me