LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler

hi guys i was looking at installing 2 Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
annything good or dad about them with the 5.3L or how they sound thanks for your input
Old 11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Launching!

anny one have anny opinion on Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red face

rocked em with dynomax headders on my lemans. sounded good. very confident they would sound like **** on the ls4. spend the money on a good muffler and cry once i love my spintech 9ks but the 6ks have that older sound and i like em just as well as my 9ks but the 9ks have that "nasty" sound to them
Old 11-01-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had Dynomax on my Formula Firebird back in the day. It sounded really good. I recommend.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Launching!

did they sound loud or quiet? i can get 2 Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler installed for $150 at a local shop i dont want something to quiet i want it to sound good

Originally Posted by texasGXP08
I had Dynomax on my Formula Firebird back in the day. It sounded really good. I recommend.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I haven't had that car in a while. I recall them being not quite as loud as my current flowmaster 40 series (a good thing). They did have the same tonal quality, which I liked. They were loud enough to make people look at me, which I guess was my goal at 16, haha.

I wish that I could be of more help. I did like mine. I do also like my flowmasters now. If you have an opportunity to get them for a deal, you will likely not be disappointed.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Spydog, I came across this post and gotta ask if you put the dynomax mufflers on yet? Both stock mufflers on my gxp have holes in the top which is EXTREMELY loud and causes mad drone. I ordered 2 of the dynomax superturbos myself (part #17667, 17666) should get here by Tuesday and installed on Wednesday. Just wondering how they sound... and that $150 is for parts and labor?? If so u got a good deal. The cheapest I found them was $77/each and I only found 1 mechanic that would install customer parts and hes charging me about $110 to do it. Were you able to keep your stock tips? My mechanic told me he would have to play it be ear on keeping the stock tips. Just wondering how you felt about them...........
Old 11-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Launching!

hi JJGXP i did not go with the dynomax superturbos i weent with 2 Dynomax VT mufflers they have 0 drone and quiet at idle and light throtal loude when u get on it they have a tuning valve that opens and closes to adjust flow ans performance and i was able to use my stock tips on the mufflers and when i was looking at buying the dynomax superturbos mufflers the shop told me no broblem useing the stock tips

Quick Reply: Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler