LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

LS4 100 shot Dry Nitrous project!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS4 100 shot Dry Nitrous project!!!!

So after stock runs I an starting to mod.. CAI comes Friday.. Then getting a trinity and lewtune.. Thinking of spraying 75-100.. I have yet to ask Lew specifics on advancing timing with his tunes but if he can work with nitrous on the trinity I think I'm doing it...

Found a lsx kit but they list every ls motor but the 4..

Here's a link. I'm quite sure it should work

http://www.zex.com/zx/gen-iii-ls1-2-6-high-output-nitrous-system.html
Old 05-12-2012, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Anyone on here spray their ls4???
Old 05-12-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away from the zex kit.

Email the guys at nitrousoutlet.com
You wont get better products or customer service.

Im planning a 2stage wet kit with a pressure assist system and 2x 10lbders.

Other than that Rossko has along with one or two other people.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Launching!

more help can be had @ nitrous section, i did some research w/ wet kits, seems to be the way to go IMO
Old 05-13-2012, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well the op plans on spraying 75-100 , which should be a safe provided he has adequate tuning and has the correct plugs installed.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

I would highly consider getting the car on a dyno/and or street for the tune. I dont know why everyone in the LS4 section is so stuck on canned tunes. . .
Old 05-14-2012, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Yeah Lew does custom tunes haha.. Street or whatever you want to call it.. I did feel I should ask him to do it before going to a dyno because I'm going to be owning a trinity and having his work done now anyways.. before nitrous..

Just have him not advance timing too much and tinker things and I think it'll be great.. 75 shot min... Wanting to stay with spraying DRY tho

Drag radials will be before Spray.. But yes thanks guys.. I search those ppl and websites and see what better ideas I can find
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 08GXPGXP
Yeah Lew does custom tunes haha.. Street or whatever you want to call it.. I did feel I should ask him to do it before going to a dyno because I'm going to be owning a trinity and having his work done now anyways.. before nitrous..

Just have him not advance timing too much and tinker things and I think it'll be great.. 75 shot min... Wanting to stay with spraying DRY tho

Drag radials will be before Spray.. But yes thanks guys.. I search those ppl and websites and see what better ideas I can find
Yeah for sure you are going to wake the car up with your mods. Just remember that with the dry there is more tuning required to run it. The fuel requirements have to be meet by the fuel injectors. If you have any specific questions let us know.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 08GXPGXP

IIRC, Lew recommends you take your car to a dyno if you are going the forced induction route (nitrous, turbo, s/c).
Old 05-14-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Spend $600+ on a Trinity and lewdeal, or take it to a performance shop that can tune/dyno for $350-$450 and can tweak it there right on the spot. I know what I would choose. . . .
Old 05-14-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You gotta get a dyno tune if you're gonna spray.

Secondly, I would never run a dry shot on these motors. Wet is the only way to go to provide a decent margin of safety.

I know people go with dry because it is cheaper, but this is not something one should be cutting corners with.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Provided the fueling system is up to the task , the only thing he needs be concerned about is timing and proper plugs (NGK BR7EF IIRC).

I would hook a fuel pressure tester up to it and take it for a beating to see what the fuel pressure is actually doing at WOT before i would do a dry kit.

If the Fuel and spark and timing are all done correctly a dry kit can be just as safe as a wet kit.

I didnt know lew wouldnt tune for N20?

Thanks Neal. The guys at Nitrous Outlet are the best , if you are serious about it i would give them a call.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Yeah saddan!! Emailed him the other day!! He did change my mind to a WET shot.. and only thing really he said was pull 3-4* on the timing .

This will probably be a after summer project but wanted to post to see what ppl thought

So would one of those universal lsx kits work no problem??? It's not gna be a plate system so I figured my only worries should be the fitting if the shrader valve it whatever you want to call it.. for the fuel line connection to the ls4s fuel...

That universal too..? If any can fund a perfect kit wet that comes with the safety things I'd live that link

Not much searching done.. I work and sleep lol
Old 05-26-2012, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

One thing I would want is a WINDOW SWITCH. I have heard too many horror stories of activation of the nitrous too soon or smacking rev limited with it engaged. Run a window switch will allow you to floor the car and not worry, as the nitrous will only engage between 3XXX RPM and 5XXX RPM. Another safety measure....
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

do not do a dry setup!!

you want to do a wet kit man... better/safer... and just need to pull some timing for it based on the size of the wet shot you're going to do...

I'm not doing a dry shot tune via email, not touching that...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-28-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a complete nitrous outlet wet kit that I was installing on my car, before things went very bad, for sale. I plan on posting up all my stuff for sale once I get out of school in a few weeks.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

What went wrong?? And I'd be interested in buying it.. Neal said the brand x kit would be perfect!! By any chance is it that? And yeah Lew I KNOW hahaha.. Neal at nitrous outlet said to use the lnc2000 from lingenfelter.. Timing retard slash wanna be 2step.. Might still do the trinity and maybe just have a few different tunes one for nitrous especially..

Heard if I don't spray to high of a shot that the stock tune would work perfect.. But 100 and up requires taking at least 2* of timing
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

For safety I'm gettin window switch and fuel pressure safety switch..
Old 06-01-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default nitrous kit

I will be out of school (work) next week so I will be able to answer detailed questions after finding my invoice. What I can tell you is that I followed the advice of Rossko and Nitrous Outlet. It is a complete package...Kit, bottle warmer, oversize bottle, remote bottle opener, programable controller etc. It has never been used, someparts were installed but are now out of the car. I also constructed my own diagram on how to install the kit, had nitrous outlet look it over and they approved it.
Ken
Old 06-03-2012, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Shoot a price..

Going to do my tranny after the trinity CAI and tires but I'm still looking to buy all the nitrous stuff NOW and have it ready

Quick Reply: LS4 100 shot Dry Nitrous project!!!!