Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just read this comment on a youtube video talking about the Impala SS:

quote-----------

Dman2569 7 months ago

My 2012 turbocharged Chevy cruze will woop your guys asses. Lol

I love impalas. But man. You having this video up is giving them a bad name.

---------- end quote

hahahaha.... Anyways...... I heard through the grapevine that the Lambo is faster than all the ls4 W-bodies. Who woulda guessed????
Old 04-01-2013, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do outsiders really believe that we think are cars are fast? Get the Fu*k out of here with that nonsense. So a F body with LS1 got beat, big deal, it was a street race! Some of you must feel threatened or something..

Thankfully, a video was posted for proof.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

And save the "I don't feel threatened" for cars that are in you league douche bags
Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lVloses
Exactly this. I raced a GTO from 15 upto about 110-115 and it was basically neck and neck. I was stock other than mufflers and a CAI and he looked stock from the looks and sounds of it. Sure the F-bodies weigh less but I don't think 200lbs makes a huge difference. Their 0-60 is rated .3s faster than an LS4 which on the street is negligible IMO.
Apple's to oranges there. The '04 LS1 GTO's are considerably slower than the F-body cars. Your average GTO will run mid to high 13s while a 6spd F-body is an easy mid/low 13 second car at 105-107mph. I would still expect a well driven 6M LS1 GTO to pull an LS4 all things equal.

Originally Posted by IVloses
I guess what I'm getting at is I expect LS1's to be faster than an LS4 because they displace .4L more, weigh less, and are RWD. But they're really not THAT much faster stock for stock. I would expect them to steadily pull on an LS4 but they just don't. At least not that I have seen.
The fact that you're comparing a LS1 F-body to an LS4 stock for stock or mod for mod is comical to say the least. Mid/low 13s @ 103-108 vs Low 14s @ ~100mph is just...well, comical. You'd be better off going after the older LT1 cars or a car that's actually in your league.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Apple's to oranges there. The '04 LS1 GTO's are considerably slower than the F-body cars. Your average GTO will run mid to high 13s while a 6spd F-body is an easy mid/low 13 second car at 105-107mph. I would still expect a well driven 6M LS1 GTO to pull an LS4 all things equal.

The fact that you're comparing a LS1 F-body to an LS4 stock for stock or mod for mod is comical to say the least. Mid/low 13s @ 103-108 vs Low 14s @ ~100mph is just...well, comical. You'd be better off going after the older LT1 cars or a car that's actually in your league.
Yeah god forbid we discuss what our cars can keep up with on an LS4 specific forum right? Go away.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One time I raced a mustang....and I won. I think he was supercharged. I was all stock except my type r vtekk sticker. **** it might as well get the other douchebags who troll these forums something to rant about....I covered ford **** and Honda homos....am I missing anyone?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cory1750
Yeah god forbid we discuss what our cars can keep up with on an LS4 specific forum right? Go away.
This is LS1Tech! I will stop through your sub-forum whenever I choose to.

I like the LS4 cars actually, just some owners are a bit oversensitive and insecure it seems. Guess that's with any car type tho.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Teching In

I can't remember where I heard it but the funniest damn thing i've heard that was pro-LS4 is simply this: LS4 cars aren't the fastest things on the planet, but they are respectably quick, and there is still plenty of room to bang your mom in the back seat .

Having said that, I love F-body's, I love Corvettes and I even love the GTO's. I bought my car because I think the GXP's have a good look to them and are still damn practical. And I am sick of the shitbox interiors of the F-body's and even the C5 vette's.

Also, I have room to bang your mom in the back seat.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GXP319
I can't remember where I heard it but the funniest damn thing i've heard that was pro-LS4 is simply this: LS4 cars aren't the fastest things on the planet, but they are respectably quick, and there is still plenty of room to bang your mom in the back seat .

Having said that, I love F-body's, I love Corvettes and I even love the GTO's. I bought my car because I think the GXP's have a good look to them and are still damn practical. And I am sick of the shitbox interiors of the F-body's and even the C5 vette's.

Also, I have room to bang your mom in the back seat.
Are you that broke you can't afford to get a room? That's LS4 owners for ya.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Are you that broke you can't afford to get a room? That's LS4 owners for ya.
Still being a douchebag I see.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
Do outsiders really believe that we think are cars are fast? Get the Fu*k out of here with that nonsense. So a F body with LS1 got beat, big deal, it was a street race! Some of you must feel threatened or something..

Thankfully, a video was posted for proof.
Quoted for truth.

The fact is, all bets are out the window when trying to compare what should beat what in a street race or even on the track. In addition to the usual variables of drive capability and road conditions, we all need to remember for few more things:

• The newest of the 4th-gen F-bodies are now 11 years old. Some were well-taken-care-of, while others were beat on. This has an impact on how strong they will run. And of course, a ton of them are modded to various degrees. So, quoting stock factory HP numbers that weren't even accurate to begin with is a complete waste of time. Even dyno numbers from back in the day are meaningless because it's a safe bet that a 2000 A4 car that put 285 HP to the wheels when new will lay down a totally different number now, either due to age, modification, or both.
  • Most of the LS4 cars on this site have been modded and are faster than a stocker, so magazine racing is meaningless.
I was around back in the day and owned a 2000 Z28 that I bought brand new with 4 miles on it, as well as a two other 4th-gen LS1 cars. I was doing cam swaps on these things when some of of you were still riding bicycles and wearing braces. I also own an LS4 car now that's pretty quick, so I can speak directly to everyone here:

If you could go back in time and race a new STOCK, A4 LS1 F-body against a mildly modded LS4 car, with the drivers being equal, the LS1 car should still win, but it would be a reasonably close race. With a superior driver behind the wheel of the LS4 car, it would be even closer, and could have a chance to win. If the LS1 were a 6-speed, it would be a closer race, with the LS4 having an even better chance to win UNLESS the F-body were expertly driven (in which case it would get really ugly once the LS1 car hit 3rd).

Again, this is what SHOULD happen if it were possible to race an LS4 car against an LS1 F-body between 1998-2002.

Now, if you throw in those OTHER variables of age, mileage, and modification, there is absolutely no way to say for certain who would win what.

It's like saying my '57 Chevy Bel Air Fuelie is faster than your '65 Mustang because it had 283 HP from the factory, compared to 225 HP for the Ford. It just doesn't mean **** all these years later.

Chill out everyone. It's a street race.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Off topic, but has anyone seen the new Z/28? LS7 with 500hp and 300lbs lighter! The taillights look fantastic.. Time to scrap this GXP now LOL

http://www.lsxtv.com/features/car-fe...york-auto-show
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Off topic, but has anyone seen the new Z/28? LS7 with 500hp and 300lbs lighter! The taillights look fantastic.. Time to scrap this GXP now LOL

Wow, that's a nice looking car. The taillights are always what killed it for me on the new gen camaros. I can't stand the half moon taillights. But this, !!!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

its definitely looking better. who knows maybe some decade ill be able to afford one(used). lol.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

And it's most likely going to cost more than a ZL1, from what our sources over at GMInsidenews are telling us.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Launching!

300 lbs lighter than the ZL1 which should put it right around the same weight as an SS. I agree on the rear it looks tons better.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
The fact is, all bets are out the window when trying to compare what should beat what in a street race or even on the track. In addition to the usual variables of drive capability and road conditions, we all need to remember for few more things:
If one has a vast amount of knowledge of cars in question then one will have a very good idea of how each car should perform, stock vs. stock or with xx mods, on the street or track.

Now if were talking variables the biggest of course will be driver error, which in that case falls on the driver not the potential of said car.

My ZR1 is a quick car but I know I wouldn't stand a chance racing a Veyron with all things equal. lol
Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Way to promote your zr1 very discrete...not.
Stat classy my friends stay classy.
Your zr1 is probably faster than my veyron. But I always park it in my million dollar garage and I never drive it because my supermodel gf doesn't like it.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

If one has a vast amount of knowledge of cars in question then one will have a very good idea of how each car should perform, stock vs. stock or with xx mods, on the street or track.

Now if were talking variables the biggest of course will be driver error, which in that case falls on the driver not the potential of said car.

My ZR1 is a quick car but I know I wouldn't stand a chance racing a Veyron with all things equal. lol
+

And it's quite clear that you have more money than knowledge.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
+

And it's quite clear that you have more money than knowledge.
If I had a car that looked like the one in your sig, I'd think twice before I start throwing out insults. You might not like what you get in return.

Quick Reply: 2006 Impala SS VS 2011 Mustang V6