LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anyone have this happen before??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have this happen before??

So went in a friends for twenty min. Came out to leave, started my car.. check engine light! !.. now remote start won't work.. I searched this and found ALLLLL sorts of ppl having this happen but I can't seem to find what exactly it is..

Gna take it to dealer in a few hours but its bugging me.. what is it?????
Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Built in safety feature is if the check engine is on remote is automatically disabled or if the hood is open.
Before you go to the dealer to get raped, just use a scanner to get the codes or stop at a local parts store and have them scan for the codes and list them here. At the least someone can tell you where to go... direction wise!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

mine just did that as well, ended up being the oil pressure sensors. seems pretty common with these cars.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Yea take to autozone mine was code for 02 sensor they cleared n it was fine
Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
Built in safety feature is if the check engine is on remote is automatically disabled or if the hood is open.
Before you go to the dealer to get raped, just use a scanner to get the codes or stop at a local parts store and have them scan for the codes and list them here. At the least someone can tell you where to go... direction wise!
Yeah I forgot to mention that.. was actually omw to read the code now. I was just saying dealer for the fixing part of it.. no matter how stupid the problem I take it there cause its 100% free depending on the problem. But yea at the dealer I got an extra protection plan that YES I pay extra for.. but I was raised knowing the old phrase BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY so its worth it.. especially when my tranny goes BAHAHAHA
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

The way it acted I thought the light had something to do with remote starter.. but really didn't make sense to me..

That and shorty after posting this I was driving and the car spuddered when I pushed the gas.. so guessing maybe maf sensor maybe tps?? Not sure?? I'm no mechanic by any means
Old 02-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 08GXPGXP
The way it acted I thought the light had something to do with remote starter.. but really didn't make sense to me..

That and shorty after posting this I was driving and the car spuddered when I pushed the gas.. so guessing maybe maf sensor maybe tps?? Not sure?? I'm no mechanic by any means
Keep us posted on the issue with your check engine light. If you take it to the dealership, please let us know in a PM with your VIN#, name, situation, contact information, dealership, and current mileage. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Hey thanks matt.. I got some advice I'm going to try.. I fellow member says 2 o2s should never go at the same time.. something to do with the cold and the charge system.. told me to clear the codes amd trickle charge the battery over niggt and try that.. save me the 150 I spent on o2s.. as for evap its easier to replace tjan I thought. . No dropping the tank.. remove wheel and plastic in the well and poof there she is.. replace her and be on my way
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, evap is very easy to replace and pretty cheap. That was what started throwing an intermittent light on mine causing the remote start to stop working. Took a while, but it eventually became a pretty constant light that would come back nearly immediately after clearing it.

Replaced the solenoid in the back and haven't had an issue since.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
Yeah, evap is very easy to replace and pretty cheap. That was what started throwing an intermittent light on mine causing the remote start to stop working. Took a while, but it eventually became a pretty constant light that would come back nearly immediately after clearing it.

Replaced the solenoid in the back and haven't had an issue since.
I will NOT allow my car to have a light on so ill be doing mine as soon as the solenoid comes in
Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Called and got it ordered.. 31 bucks.. but there was a valve too for 80.. the code reads valve c.. so I'm lost.. hopefully just rhe solenoid does the trick.. but I'm gna be mad I put the 30 in and its the 80 dollar part.. cause in.all rwality at the gas station.my car doesn't make the pump keep stopping like most ppl having a evap problem.. so its weird.. hate engine light on the dash being on so I just want to replace it
Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What Code # reads.." valve c" and what P/N did you order. these solenoid valves are multifunction, they do some things open and some things closed and they can be plugged. Could even be because of the gas cap leaking. Sometimes you may clear the light and it may take up to 3 driving cycles for the system to stabilise.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

What Code # reads.." valve c" and what P/N did you order. these solenoid valves are multifunction, they do some things open and some things closed and they can be plugged. Could even be because of the gas cap leaking. Sometimes you may clear the light and it may take up to 3 driving cycles for the system to stabilise.
P0443 evap emissions controll system purge valve c fault..

Word for word

And yes my gas cap is garbage.. Hard to get on. One day I didn't secure it right and I got the gas cap warning..

So can I manually purge this.. How do I do this clearing of the lines? Just drive.?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you charged the battery! Then cleared all the codes with the key on, engine off. Then turned key off for 30 seconds then started the car. Did the check engine light go out and stay out? Or did it come on again with new codes! If your gas cap if fubared replace it with an OEM one as it is an important part of your emission system.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

No havent done it yet.. bought the charger.. but haven't had time to do it.. I live in an apt complex and can't just run a extension cord haha.. got an appointment to get the tint banner on my windsheid but think I'm gonna do it right after while I sleep.. just hope 7-8 hrs is enogh time for a 2amp trickle charge.. I work third shift so I can't leave it overnight. . Ill be sure to post my findings once I do it tho
Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

So you charged the battery! Then cleared all the codes with the key on, engine off. Then turned key off for 30 seconds then started the car. Did the check engine light go out and stay out? Or did it come on again with new codes! If your gas cap if fubared replace it with an OEM one as it is an important part of your emission system.
Car is on a full cycle 2amp charge.. ill look at her in the morning and shate whatever news..

I have got thay charhing system failure warning a couple times in the last year so I'm hoping this is it.. battery doesn't look too new.. doesn't help I have a pretty beefy sound system :/
Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

18hr charge.. didn't work.. :/
Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have your glove box manual for the car?
If not go here and download it:
http://www.gm.ca/media/owners/manual...nual_en_CA.pdf
If you do go to page 5-122 and check the fuse marked CANISTER (passenger side kick panel)
Also go to page 5-126 and check the Emissions 1 and Emissions 2 fuses

Also do you have any mods , cold air intake, exhaust

Also can you tell me what scan tool you are using to clear the codes.

Last edited by Ill_Born_ss; 02-10-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Do you have your glove box manual for the car?
If not go here and download it:
http://www.gm.ca/media/owners/manual...nual_en_CA.pdf
If you do go to page 5-122 and check the fuse marked CANISTER (passenger side kick panel)
Also go to page 5-126 and check the Emissions 1 and Emissions 2 fuses

Also do you have any mods , cold air intake, exhaust

Also can you tell me what scan tool you are using to clear the codes.
Only mods as of right now is flipped mm and muffler delete.. scan tool is a actron obd2 auto scanner
Old 02-11-2013, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Yes I have book for the car

Quick Reply: Anyone have this happen before??