LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

4 dash lights at once ahhhhhh!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well thats funny, if i rember correctly i was getting certian trouble code, thenit was repalced and i havent had those issues issue since, i still have the same ones. Let me Poke into this some more for you.
When i oringal had symptoms of bad igniton i replaced the whole assebley. didnt realize its was called tumbler and ignition. i thought it was one piece. Well any who, when i took it out i found an old alarm harness and some type of ani theft device with electrical tape on the yellow wire off the ignition.im pretty sure it was yellow. But i was going through and after removing everything all seemed fine. but the u1301 never went away.
Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
If you knew you would not be asking...

As I stated earlier the Ignition Switch Assembly is what your tumbler fits into, first it passes through Key Alarm Connector then into the Ignition Lock Cylinder Case and the Ignition Switch Assembly fits into it. Now if the switch and the Tumbler are not indexed properly or damaged then when you turn the key it will not turn the mechanism to the required spot and therefore get the symptoms you are getting.

I can take more time explaining/volunteering and go and scan pictures and such then uploading them here for you to find out it has to go to a dealer for certain relearn procedures after you do all the work and find out it doesn`t start. Even at the dealer if it does not keep the relearn then it is still wrong.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jteske88
well thats funny, if i rember correctly i was getting certian trouble code, thenit was repalced and i havent had those issues issue since, i still have the same ones.This part is as confusing as pissing in a corner in a round room... PLEASE DO re-explain!
Let me Poke into this some more for you.
When i oringal had symptoms of bad igniton i replaced the whole assebley. didnt realize its was called tumbler and ignition. i thought it was one piece. Here I am going to assume that you did replace the whole assembly. Well any who, when i took it out i found an old alarm harness and some type of ani theft device with electrical tape on the yellow wire off the ignition.im pretty sure it was yellow. This information would of helped BIG TIME... But i was going through and after removing everything all seemed fine. but the u1301 never went away.
Now to the YELLOW WIRE, YES it is important as it is the COMPUTER DATA LINE , hence the u130. It goes from the ignition switch (B C1) to the body control module (5 21 C1) (BCM is located left side of dash/ left side of steering column)
note: there is also a yellow wire to/from the trip computer in the DIC (M), either one or both can cause your symptoms and a key relearn may still have to be carried out.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:48 AM
Teching In

well dam, my issue all together could be the yellow wire. It was solderd back together
Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06gxp
my 06 gxp has traction control light abs light brake light now variable steering service light on .. abs,brake,variable steering service started today after work on start up and idling not moving at all. Now stays on all the time. after restart. The traction light used to come and go intermittantly i pull a code few weeks ago was for the vertical roll sensor i think sits under the center console. I asked one guy says speed sensor causes those. but how is it going to cause variable steering service soon. Im sure a bad speed sensor can cause traction and abs issues. but how a steering issue. One mechanic said those power steering pumps go bad alot on those cars. Im thinking electrical issue here like a abs module or bcm. ???? I dont have codes right now in 2 days i will get to scan for them . anybody have similiar issues or fixes???
i am gettin service trac,brake assist intermitonly they come on and off if reset the power it goes away any ideas they just blink on and off never stay light up

Quick Reply: 4 dash lights at once ahhhhhh!!!!