LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

My own poly trans mount done updated** 3/7/13

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 05:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default My own poly trans mount done updated** 3/7/13

Found a deal on some poly in the 95A range figured why not, im not forking out 90 for one so similar in dimensions to the stock one. so long story short i cut drilled and did my own version which is about 30%longer and wider to give the trans side more stability plus its sits slightly higher so no more sag on the trans side, using my angle finder its damn near 0.0 degrees before it was almost 1.5 which wont kill anything but it will cause some binding when trying to launch etc... so heres the pics and im considering making a run to make solid poly front mounts but more able to control the motor from twising upwards. ill start a thread when that comes. anyways here is my obese trans mount. If you have any question or considering making your own PM me or ask here thanks for looking

as for installation very simple if you have two jacks which i recomend and a jackstand youll also want to disconnect the dogbone up top. when you jack up the transmision via the jack also place a jack under the ball joint and jack up the control army so your CV axle boot dosent seperate or cause damage the joints themselves. all bolts involved are 15mm

old

NEW

Last edited by 91parkave; 03-08-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what does this do exactly...
Old 03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

Nice job. I enjoy reading your posts, so keep it up!

For the not so mechanically inclined, here you go!
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...ans-Mount.aspx
Old 03-01-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
Nice job. I enjoy reading your posts, so keep it up!

For the not so mechanically inclined, here you go!
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...ans-Mount.aspx
lol thanks im trying to be like you some day man... wonder who is gonna be first to a LS2 TB lol
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 91parkave
lol thanks im trying to be like you some day man... wonder who is gonna be first to a LS2 TB lol
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...eping-dod.html

This guy^
Old 03-01-2013, 05:20 PM

I meant us regular daily driver folk lol
Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 207 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackImpSS
I was the second one to do this and learned of the concept and functionality from the original swap here:
http://fieroaddiction.com/LS4/index.html

I meant us regular daily driver folk lol
I will probably put 10-12K miles on my car annually and use it for DD days when it doesn't rain or snow.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 AM
12 Second Club

I am still trying to figure out what to do, and wondering if it's worth dropping 700 into. The TPiS modified intake, coupler, and tuning adds up. I already have the TB, and 85mm MAF with pigtails. I am just afraid of only gaining a few HP. Besides, anything below 50mph smokes the tires off, or cause's the anti-score to kick in. Power is useless, unless I gently roll into it. At 60 mph grabbing 2nd cause the car to pull all over the road which is fun, but scary. The retarded part is that I am only around 380 whp, and other LS powered cars, with similar mods, are pushing 450 plus (with bigger engines though).

GD I love this car!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 AM

I am still trying to figure out what to do, and wondering if it's worth dropping 700 into. The TPiS modified intake, coupler, and tuning adds up. I already have the TB, and 85mm MAF with pigtails. I am just afraid of only gaining a few HP. Besides, anything below 50mph smokes the tires off, or cause's the anti-score to kick in. Power is useless, unless I gently roll into it. At 60 mph grabbing 2nd cause the car to pull all over the road which is fun, but scary. The retarded part is that I am only around 380 whp, and other LS powered cars, with similar mods, are pushing 450 plus (with bigger engines though).

GD I love this car!
Its time to start tuning your own **** man! youll save a lot of money and the knowledge gained is priceless.and seriously im sure you can crack 400 with the TB/MAF combo youve seen from my writeup how bad that MAF is inside Alot of the turbo gtp guys are running with diff score off, the last thign you want the engine to do is cut fuel or spark when going wot or in a high power situation. as far as power goes i think im going to only go high as 3.29's and just keep my shift speed high.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

GD I love this car!
Why not try finding a fast 90 or 92, and sell the ls6? I would say go with the 102, but I think that intake is way to big for our cars.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:23 AM

UPDATE***
I decided to go for running bolts all the way through i was prepared to ream the upper cast piece a couple mm but turned out i didnt have to the bolts lined up perfectly so i drilled out the old holes and installed a metal sleeve for the bolt to go through and put it all together again. Im a little worried that the car dosent vibrate or anything its dead smooth with the mount. which seems opposite the expectation for 95A poly. but anyway here are some more pics of my work

Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Badass

Quick Reply: My own poly trans mount done updated** 3/7/13