LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP thirsty for Oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GXP thirsty for Oil

Any ideas if lets say something wasn't working right if when DOD is enabled it caused the car to use oil or extra crank case pressure?

My wife's 06 GXP at first seems to be thirsty for oil cause around 2000 to 2500 it wants another quart. I have a catch can on the system and it fills up pretty fast even when it's just vented out. It doesn't hold a lot but I'd say 600 miles it's just like 3/4 full.

I'm going to disable the DOD first see if that makes any changes if that doesn't help my choices might be checking cylinders, but it is a bit odd doesn't smoke like using oil at all, Just wondering where all this oil going, lol

Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also noticed oil missing after a couple thousand miles. When I disabled DoD, it didn't loose any. Then I started playing with timing and running 87 octane. I re-enabled DoD and haven't lost any oil.

I would disable it and see if you loose any. If not, then either leave it disabled &/or start playing with the timing in the cruise areas.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Can you disable the dod without a tune ??
Old 04-12-2013, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

op dod is likely the cause of your oil consumption issue.

one guy on here a year or 2 back wired his dod to run on a toggle switch. if you really search for it you should be able to find the thread. im personally not daring enough to go splicing the wiring on this car, but it has been done.

Quick Reply: GXP thirsty for Oil