LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

installation of tep trans cooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by need4z
I only looked under my car once. I only saw the one fitting for the cooler line facing front of car. Is there a plug or fitting that is right beside the other one which faces straight up that I missed? How the Hell do you mount it horizontily ? Now I dont have enough braided line to reach back to the trans if both trans lines mount an inch from eachother and wasted money.
Since you have the inline cooler you'll be tapping into your existing cooling system so you shouldn't be connecting to the transmission. That's my guess as to why you're short. And if you're confused on line routing and mounting the cooler you can email Dave and ask for his installation instructions.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lVloses
Since you have the inline cooler you'll be tapping into your existing cooling system so you shouldn't be connecting to the transmission. That's my guess as to why you're short. And if you're confused on line routing and mounting the cooler you can email Dave and ask for his installation instructions.
That's why they only show 3 different coolers on their website. Nice. Whatever... Thanks. I know how to route it. The long hose goes back into the trans. There's a special -6 AN fitting that comes separately in the kit. Damn i have too much to do this wkend.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's why they only show 3 different coolers on their website. Nice. Whatever... Thanks. I know how to route it. The long hose goes back into the trans. There's a special -6 AN fitting that comes separately in the kit. Damn i have too much to do this wkend.
Nothing special about the fittings at all of you read that link I got you, you could see the fitting is just a regular old -6 on the trans side as for the cooler you could probable roll with a 3/8th to -6 adapter and finish it out..

Also FYI you can use a -6 hose connector with 3/8ths trans or fuel line.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Nothing special about the fittings at all of you read that link I got you, you could see the fitting is just a regular old -6 on the trans side as for the cooler you could probable roll with a 3/8th to -6 adapter and finish it out..

Also FYI you can use a -6 hose connector with 3/8ths trans or fuel line.
Thanks man. Newb question, is there a way to drain the stock pan without a mess or do I have to unbolt the trans pan and have fluid coming out of everywhere.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ I was wondering the same thing....
Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks man. Newb question, is there a way to drain the stock pan without a mess or do I have to unbolt the trans pan and have fluid coming out of everywhere.
You gotta unbolt the pan. You can buy an aftermarket pan with a drain plug though. I have the ZZP one on my car.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I out lined the different doorman pan for 30 bucks in that other thread I linked. It comes with a drain plug installed already, however be prepared to get your hands a little dirty not to much though. Just loosen the bolts on the passenger side first. Have your pan ready and then start loosening the driver side pan a little. Whatever you do not let the pan hang by a bolt. You will warp it. No rtv is required just reuse your factory one

Quick Reply: installation of tep trans cooler