LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Got embarrassed last night, help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got embarrassed last night, help?

So I was cruising last night when at a light I roll up next to a new mustang V6, you know, the fast ones. Cute blonde girl is driving with what seems to be her boyfriend riding shotgun (lol). They ask if I want to race, I say sure so we probably get up to 10 or 20 and gun it. I start spinning a little bit, but still going the same speed as them. Problem is, when it shifted to second, it screams at me to service my stabilitrak. It shut down for a second or two with the mustang getting away, and I had a "danger to manifold" scenario on my hands, telling it to shut up. I pull back up next to them and she says "I'll give you a head start this time".

I died a little bit last night. I did hit the gas after that hoping she would and it would seem that I took off pretty easy that time, but I still think she gave me a head start. Sooo, does anybody know if I can just have stabilitrak tuned out? It doesn't turn off and I don't need it. I have tried holding the traction control button and nothing. I don't want that to ever happen again.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

You should be able to hit the traction control button once and it'll say it's off - this is what I do when I go to the track...
Old 08-17-2013, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

Secondly, get an LSD...
Old 08-17-2013, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by x11 nut
You should be able to hit the traction control button once and it'll say it's off - this is what I do when I go to the track...
Traction control was off, stabilitrak apparently was not. I have heard people say hold the button but I have tried that and get nothing.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With the GXP I've got to hold it for 5 to 10 secs
Old 08-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah man **** happens. I asked this same question on gmls4 a while back. Apparently it can't be tuned completely out. I just hold the traction control button down til the TC off message goes away. Seems to work for me.

Quick Reply: Got embarrassed last night, help?