LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

question about service traction/brake assist message

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about service traction/brake assist message

Ive posted about this issue before but im going to be more specific this time...it seems ever since I installed and aftermarket intake, these messages appear when driving and it cuts engine power as if I hit the brakes quick..question is...could it be because the filter of my intake is right above my exposed ecm tray? Bc the intake I have has no heat shield around it like the k&n or cold air inductions ones do
Old 08-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Launching!

Somewhere I read that if any oil gets on the MAF sensors at all it will make your car go all goofy. Any oil that was going to be sucked outta the filter would have done so by now. So from what people have said, I'd take off the MAF and spray it with MAF cleaner then it should be good.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Banned

Ive already cleaned the maf. Didnt help. Idk wtf the problem is but its really annoying when u pull out of somwhere and it cuts power off...makes it look like I missed a gear lol
Old 08-23-2013, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably in your hubs or the wiring too them.. Gm sells replacement harnesses or you could fix yourself if you locate a problem.

As far as cutting out, does it do it when the wheels spin? Because that's the over reactive nanny no no stock tune.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you had the codes read yet? I'm having issues with my traction control, brake assist and brake system but don't have the issue with it cutting power. I've replaced a tie rod and 2 wheel bearings already and the warning messages still pop up. Prolly gonna have the codes read this weekend to see if I can narrow the problem down.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Check your wiring to the ecm look for any frayed or damaged wires...in rare cases with the k&n style intakes the filter mesh will rub the wiring causing issues with the ecm
Old 08-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by severancej
Probably in your hubs or the wiring too them.. Gm sells replacement harnesses or you could fix yourself if you locate a problem.

As far as cutting out, does it do it when the wheels
spin? Because that's the over reactive nanny no no stock tune.
No I know that lol.mashed on it a few times comin out of a turn when I first got the car. This hust randomly does it when it wants to while im driving itll just pop up " service traction control" or " service brake assist" n then immediatly makes it feel like I hit a wall for a split second. Ive also realized that my traction control does turn on and off when I push the tc button....but yet it always says traction control off everytime I push it. It never says traction control on. But I know it does turn on and off bc I can tell when driving. Idk why it wont say that its on when I push it from being off.I think my cars an electrical nightmare to be honest

Quick Reply: question about service traction/brake assist message