LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Torque app or similar....?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque app or similar....?

Just trying to log some 0-60's. I've tried it using my stopwatch on the stock tune and have done 6 seconds or so but there's a split second bit of lag from watching the speedo and then making sure my phone actually stops the time lol. Same could also be said for actually starting the time as well.

I want something a lot more accurate and less dangerous that will read right from the car itself. I couldn't afford the trinity so that's out of the question. I then tried finding dash hawks but they're discontinued and also a few hundred bucks so i'm not sure about that. What about these "torque" apps and such for androids? Are they accurate at all?? I'm a little skeptical so if anyone has some advice on the best way to log these times without needing to go to the track or buy a $600 programmer that'd be great..
Old 10-27-2013, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gilroy222
Just trying to log some 0-60's. I've tried it using my stopwatch on the stock tune and have done 6 seconds or so but there's a split second bit of lag from watching the speedo and then making sure my phone actually stops the time lol. Same could also be said for actually starting the time as well.

I want something a lot more accurate and less dangerous that will read right from the car itself. I couldn't afford the trinity so that's out of the question. I then tried finding dash hawks but they're discontinued and also a few hundred bucks so i'm not sure about that. What about these "torque" apps and such for androids? Are they accurate at all?? I'm a little skeptical so if anyone has some advice on the best way to log these times without needing to go to the track or buy a $600 programmer that'd be great..
I have the elm327 from ebay and torque app got if for free from pirate bay and if seems to be very close to the times i would run at the track so for like 15$ what do u got to loose
Old 10-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 08 pimpala ss
I have the elm327 from ebay and torque app got if for free from pirate bay and if seems to be very close to the times i would run at the track so for like 15$ what do u got to loose
Alright thanks man. So your torque app reads right around that 13.8 1/4 time that's listed in your sig?

Oh and can you leave it plugged in the OBDII or does it drain the battery?
Old 10-27-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gilroy222
Alright thanks man. So your torque app reads right around that 13.8 1/4 time that's listed in your sig?

Oh and can you leave it plugged in the OBDII or does it drain the battery?
You can leave It plugged in it won't drain
Old 10-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my elm 327 plugged in for months now it wont hurt anything
Old 10-27-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rickybobbyss
I have had my elm 327 plugged in for months now it wont hurt anything
Yea it says 13.74 and i think the hp at wheels is stupid and i have had mine plugged in for 7 months only time it comes out is for tuning and i use mine with my phone witch mirrors it to my radio so thats what i really like about it
Old 10-28-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm about to get the same app, I'm getting the pro version, and they also have another free app that adds features to the Torque app. Got a $15 scanner off ebay. Hopefully will be here in time for the track on friday, I've been needing a second tach because looking at the tree and at the tach doesn't really mix well when foot braking.

Also another pro to this app is you can clear any codes, such ad O2 sensors and what not. Pretty cool.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DREAMZ28
I'm about to get the same app, I'm getting the pro version, and they also have another free app that adds features to the Torque app. Got a $15 scanner off ebay. Hopefully will be here in time for the track on friday, I've been needing a second tach because looking at the tree and at the tach doesn't really mix well when foot braking.

Also another pro to this app is you can clear any codes, such ad O2 sensors and what not. Pretty cool.
U can get the pro app off pirate bay for free for andriod
Old 11-03-2013, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been playing with it today, and its pretty cool. The only inaccurate thing I've noticed is HP at wheels, and mpg. It told me I got 34.5 on a mostly highway trip, I was forcing the car to lock the converter in third and coasting a lot but I still don't think it was that high.

Also, the tach reads lower than my stock tach, and turns out my car reaches 215-220 degree coolant temps fairly easily
Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DREAMZ28
I've been playing with it today, and its pretty cool. The only inaccurate thing I've noticed is HP at wheels, and mpg. It told me I got 34.5 on a mostly highway trip, I was forcing the car to lock the converter in third and coasting a lot but I still don't think it was that high.

Also, the tach reads lower than my stock tach, and turns out my car reaches 215-220 degree coolant temps fairly easily
Yea the hp at wheels is way off it said i had 425 the other day lol
Old 08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Have any of you guys tried out those accelerometers?

Like the matrix one or whatever.

Quick Reply: Torque app or similar....?