LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Stuck Thermostat

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck Thermostat

Well, I have been noticing the past couple of days that the Temp gauge on the Monte has not been getting to the normal area, and finally today the Check engine light popped on...Ran the codes with the Predator, and it confirmed my thought, the stat is stuck (open at least) where is that sucker and how tough of a change is it? (I have not had time to even take a look yet)

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MC06SS
Well, I have been noticing the past couple of days that the Temp gauge on the Monte has not been getting to the normal area, and finally today the Check engine light popped on...Ran the codes with the Predator, and it confirmed my thought, the stat is stuck (open at least) where is that sucker and how tough of a change is it? (I have not had time to even take a look yet)

Thanks!
if youll look to the left of the front exhaust manifold and go down a lil you can see the lower radiator hose connect to a housing, right on top of the a/c compressor. . thats your tstat housing. two or three 10mm bolts hold it on.

you can either try to remove the lower splashshield/air dam off and go from underneath to reach, or just remove the front exhaust manifold. choice is yours. best of luck

Quick Reply: Stuck Thermostat