LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply. So I caved in after replacing both o2 sensors. I took the car to a specialized mechanic that only works with GM cars. He ran a complete diagnostics just to find a short. The insulation around my oil pan was worn out and a wire was touching. Codes are fixed, o2 sensors were still good, and I'm out a few hundred bucks. I should've just taken it in when I first got the codes. Still didn't hurt to replace those though. You live and you learn, right? Thank you guys for all of your help. I took about ten pictures, I'll post a walkthrough on how to replace both o2 sensors when I get some free time. Anyways, take it easy guys!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brian727
The insulation around my oil pan was worn out and a wire was touching.
What wire?? I am having the same issue with the fuse that keeps blowing
Old 07-16-2015, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Thumbs down Evap code p0455

My 06grand prix gxp has been kicking out a gross evap leak. I have found where there is a place on the intake manifold where a hose should plug in but there isn't a hose there. It's right after the throttle body and points towards the firewall. I think a hose not being connected here is what's throwing my code. Any ideas on what that tube sticking off the manifold by my TB is for?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It goes to nothing. Your best bet is make sure the line isn't damaged going to the rear of the car to the fuel tank
Old 02-03-2018, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 02 sensor fail on GXP Ls4

I know this is a old thread. I just had to add that the information about the shorted wire around the oil pan on the passenger side was same for me as well.
My Grand Prix kept blowing fuses even after I unplugged all O2 sensors and the evap purge. I read the where the mechanic found the short so, I looked and found the my short in this area as well. Good Info.

Quick Reply: 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP