LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

abs, traction control...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015 | 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default abs, traction control...

every now and then i loose abs traction control, and stability control. im figuring i have a wheel sensor going bad. doest the body control module store codes for this? will it tell me what wheel if i can get a tech2 to scan it?
Old 03-22-2015 | 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blkchevyz
every now and then i loose abs traction control, and stability control. im figuring i have a wheel sensor going bad. doest the body control module store codes for this? will it tell me what wheel if i can get a tech2 to scan it?
I'm not sure if it stores the codes or not but I had the same issue very random sometimes only when I hit a bump it would come on but I have a solstic pro and it told me what wheel and my cheap innovia one that has abs saw it to
Old 03-23-2015 | 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

mine seems to do it when making a sharp turn like going into a parking spot.

whats a solstic pro?
Old 04-09-2015 | 11:33 AM
Teching In

It's common on the gxp. It's more likely a wiring problem, but possibly the actual wheel speed sensor. The wiring gets corroded near the sensor. Easy do it yourself check is you can unplug the wiring at the module and test the resistances to see if one is different. Or any tool that reads the BCM will tell you which corner the problem is on.
Old 04-09-2015 | 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

You have to get the codes off the ABS module (EBCM electronic brake control module), if its coming up a wheel sensor then you know which way to go, but if you are getting communication errors or low voltage errors, you have to send the module out for repair, I just sent mine out to module masters this week for rebuild.
Old 04-09-2015 | 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spawne32
You have to get the codes off the ABS module (EBCM electronic brake control module), if its coming up a wheel sensor then you know which way to go, but if you are getting communication errors or low voltage errors, you have to send the module out for repair, I just sent mine out to module masters this week for rebuild.
My daughters GTP needs this. How much is this and did they give you a turnaround time?
Old 04-09-2015 | 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rottonj
My daughters GTP needs this. How much is this and did they give you a turnaround time?
Price varies depending on the module but typically a few days turn around time, best part about it is that you dont have to remove the pump assembly, so the car is still drivable, all you remove is the EBCM on the front of the pump, which has 4 or 6 T20 torx screws holding it on. You should be a bosch 5.3 module depending on the year.

http://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/sho.../abs-bosch-53/
Old 04-09-2015 | 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I watched a Youtube video of the process, looks straight forward. Probably for the same company. Post your opinion on the work when yours gets back. Thanks for the link, its appreciated.
Old 04-10-2015 | 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

hp tuners doesnt see any of the wheel sensor info does it?
Old 04-10-2015 | 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blkchevyz
hp tuners doesnt see any of the wheel sensor info does it?
No, unfortunately you need a ABS scan tool for that, innova sells them on amazon pretty cheap, thats what we use for diagnostics.

On another note, received the EBCM back from modulemaster today, looks like they were able to correct the issue, waiting for the weather to clear up so i can get this thing installed. He even repaired the solenoid i ripped out by accident removing it. :x

Old 04-11-2015 | 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

5 yr warr is great nobody warr their stuff like that anymore I'm gonna use them
Old 04-11-2015 | 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use Auto Enginuity as a scan tool, you can pull from every module on the car no problem. However you will need a laptop and its sold in 2 parts , the scan tool is 250 , the "enchanced package for GM" is 250 as well so your looking at 500, but its super awesome and you can read basically every sensor in real time.
Old 04-12-2015 | 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sint3k
I use Auto Enginuity as a scan tool, you can pull from every module on the car no problem. However you will need a laptop and its sold in 2 parts , the scan tool is 250 , the "enchanced package for GM" is 250 as well so your looking at 500, but its super awesome and you can read basically every sensor in real time.
does this control bcm stuff too

Edit nevermind looked it up looks like a smoking hot deal

Last edited by 91parkave; 04-12-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2015 | 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 91parkave
does this control bcm stuff too

Edit nevermind looked it up looks like a smoking hot deal

I diagnosed an AC problem with it. One of my cadillacs had no codes for the AC, but the AC would only run for a few seconds. Long story short, one of the temp sensors was messed up and it thought it was 32 degree's on the low pressure side causing the AC to turn off and stay off until the heat from the engine heated it back up. I was able to see the sensor reading was way off instantly when i hooked up the auto engunity. There is alot of "Bi Direction control" i do not think you can control door locks n such from it. But you can command EVAP Silniod and bunch of other stuff. I can get you an exact list of the BI direction control for my Monte Carlo, all cars will have a little differnt bi direction control. But as far as what it can read , it can read wheel speed sensors, pressure in the gas tank, etc etc. Let me know if you want to know any specifics. I also used it to diagnose a vacuum leak on my Cadillac because my fuel trim numbers where high "aka the computer was adding fuel" because the car was running lean from a "Vacuum leak" I was geting +20 on my long term fuel trims and when i would rev it to about 3,000 rpms i knew instantly it was a vacuum leak and smoked it and found it at the vacuum bulb
Old 04-13-2015 | 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

orileys was able to scan it for me, ended up being the right rear sensors... now just need time to work on it.

Quick Reply: abs, traction control...