LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

front swaybar setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default front swaybar setup

Is the new endlink setup better than the old? I believe before 03 is the old control arm setup. My moogs on my gxp are rattling again after about 20k or about 2 years.

I'm going to overhaul the suspension on it soon cause the alignment didn't fix it from pulling left on normal roads.
Only on perfect roads does it track straight, and my torque steer is rediculous especially overtaking on 2 lane it feels super unstable. I believe ive heard it called seesawing.

Open to ideas it just stood out to me today cause I've been driving my silverado allot and I'm gonna get a game plan together to get it fixed up.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I picked up the GMPP bar and will be switching over to the Moog older style control arms. Mine has 111k on it and seems to have similar conditions yours has although mine is all original with nothing yet replaced. Hopefully it will be better than this existing set up, but wont know till I get it all done after the winter probably. Keep me posted on your findings if you do something sooner. Thanks
Old 11-29-2015, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

OK I've ordered off of rock auto,
Ac Delco control arms $70 each
Ac Delco tie rod ends $35 each
Moog strut mnts 80ea front 45ea rear
Dorman trailing arms 20 each
And also got two continental contact sport dws off tire rack.

I'll get that stuff put on and have it aligned at td performance.
Hope it'll sort out the handling a bit. I just kept with the stock setup because i couldn't find much info on if the old control arm setup was any better. Other than that she's been running good. Beat her a little every time i drive it ha ha.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You got ripped off, in terms of strut mounts, there is no build quality diffrence I've come to find out. I've dissassbled kyb ac delco mevotech and moog. So unless you feel like blowing a 160 dollars for some front mounts cancel the order.

Order 2 mevotech front mounts off ebay brand new.
2 moog problem solver lcas the ones with the updated mono ball insert.

In terms of old vs new.the new style like equipped is a better way of utilizing the sway bar, due to the mechanical advantage of utilizing longer sway bar links. The older style needs a similar 32 to 34mm sway bar to compare to a 20mn bar
Old 11-29-2015, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jesus, i spent 30 dollars each on my control arms, my tie rod ends were 10 bucks an piece and the strut mounts were 12 something each.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 91parkave
You got ripped off, in terms of strut mounts, there is no build quality diffrence I've come to find out. I've dissassbled kyb ac delco mevotech and moog. So unless you feel like blowing a 160 dollars for some front mounts cancel the order.

Order 2 mevotech front mounts off ebay brand new.
2 moog problem solver lcas the ones with the updated mono ball insert.

In terms of old vs new.the new style like equipped is a better way of utilizing the sway bar, due to the mechanical advantage of utilizing longer sway bar links. The older style needs a similar 32 to 34mm sway bar to compare to a 20mn bar
The Moog LCA's don't come with the problem solver bushings.

I have the moog LCA's on my 99 and they did not come with them. I ended up replacing them with the problem solver bushing. I would just rebuild the LCA's and order the problem solver LCA bushing and ball joints.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Well damn they shipped already.
Thanks for the heads up maybe I'll return the mounts and exchange.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get some decent trailing arms world of difference

Quick Reply: front swaybar setup