LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New guy with an LS4 swap project

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls4 dimensions

Hey build looks good! I have been planning something a little different, I’m picking up a 2012 Audi A4 wagon. I have an LC9 right now but I heard the ls4 is shorter for the transvere setup but I cannot find any info on how much shorter. Can any of you guys just pull a tape measure over the engine so I can plan this swap out a little more it would really help a lot! I currently have dimensions:
Lc9 Engine
24” wide
29” long
26” tall
Old 11-02-2022, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Stow
Hey build looks good! I have been planning something a little different, I’m picking up a 2012 Audi A4 wagon. I have an LC9 right now but I heard the ls4 is shorter for the transvere setup but I cannot find any info on how much shorter. Can any of you guys just pull a tape measure over the engine so I can plan this swap out a little more it would really help a lot! I currently have dimensions:
Lc9 Engine
24” wide
29” long
26” tall
Sorry, I haven't checked back in some time. Anyway, the LS4 is actually a smidge bit longer than a standard LS block due to the raised portion of the 60* bellhousing mounting surface. However, the crankshaft is what is shorter by about 13mm overall; 3 from the back and 10 from the front to accomodate the shorter belt drive assembly. The remaining dimensions should be identical to any standard Gen 4 block I believe.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For anyone watching, I got the car running last week just in time to put it away for winter. I only drove it a couple miles, and it needs some tuning yet, despite running with a 2001 Camaro 5.7 MT tune. But, everything works and there are no errors besides a trouble code for the alternator L circuit, though the car is charging at about 14.5-14.7 volts, so I'm happy. I don't have much for pictures or videos, but heres some proof of concept.

Quick Reply: New guy with an LS4 swap project