LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

problem with the SS's radios

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with the SS's radios

hey impalas and monte owners:
if you have the amplified 8 speaker system, do u notice the fuzz noise from speakers. go in your car, close windows and turn radio all the way down then up one or two notches. there is a reprogram on SI for it but it didnt work for my bosses impala so we didnt try it on my car yet.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Teching In

Hey

I made a lot of comments about this on gminsider forums. If you put the volume at 0, you hear no hiss from the tweaters, and if you go 1 + you can hear it. Thats the reason I didn't get the sound system. There shouldn't be a fix via software for this problem because I believe its an amplifer issue. Did you notice the weird sounds when you have the volume down when playing a cd, which you don't hear when playing the radio ....

As for the bose system, I emailed and sent requests to GM since July last year and they said they woud look into it (Laugh)... but maybe a software fix would fix it, but from all the reprograms I saw from tisweb, none directly make any refrence to that problem.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't get the BOSE, and i need to have the radio at 1/2 volume to listen to it normally...and no, i don't think i have bad hearing. Anything less than 1/2 generally will not overcome the ambient noise (with windows closed).