LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

06 Impala SS - Alternator/Battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Impala SS - Alternator/Battery

Hey

Found you guys from gminsider and this is a nice resource. It gets pretty technical here.. I like that. This is a post I made on gminsider with no replies yet.. maybe someone here can help me out...

Hey

I have an 06 Imp SS and I have some load on the battery. THere are LED warning lights on the system, as well as a powered 200w sub. It seems the sub sounds much better while the vehicle is off and just radio is on. When driving and I raise the volume on the HU, the sub will not intensify. I checked voltages, and when the vehicle is on, the sub is getting low 13's, and when its goes to a lower note it drops to mid-high 12's. I checked by the battery, and its not putting out more than low 13's. I know the LTZ has a 750CCA bat.. mine is a 625. I was thinking of first getting the LTZ version of 750CCA, and then I was thinking of the alternator. You think I should get a higher capacity one? The standard is 125 and the SS has the 135. I was thinking of the police 9c3 version which is 150.

Any ideas?

*To add, since I have posted this, I have already ordered an optima yellow top 750 D34/78*

Quick Reply: 06 Impala SS - Alternator/Battery