LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

06 Trailblazer SS vs. 06 Monte SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006 | 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

or i can run your TBSS now finish eat a burger and take a snapshot of your tbss coming behind me and then still get 28 mpg OWNED fast vehicle but making a huge anti aerdynamic vehicle fast is plain DUMB!
Old 07-24-2006 | 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

I raced a Silverado SS with my Impala SS in an 1/8th mile race and got beat by 2 cars. Which was what he took me by off the line. A TB SS AWD will beat a Silverado SS. So yes a TB SS AWD should beat an LS4 car. Unless we can find a better way to launch them.
Old 07-24-2006 | 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the silverado ss are dogs for what they are i ran 9.1 in my grand prix gxp in the 1/8 with a 2.3 60ft. with better traction it could have been an 8.8 to 8.9
Old 07-28-2006 | 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
or i can run your TBSS now finish eat a burger and take a snapshot of your tbss coming behind me and then still get 28 mpg OWNED fast vehicle but making a huge anti aerdynamic vehicle fast is plain DUMB!

LMAO Guess your talking about your TA!! Might be a good run.
Old 07-28-2006 | 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

that was you..that's hilarious...the guy posted on trailvoy.i'll quote his comments after he posted about the run..

Was cruising down Main Street with the wife the other day and a 06 Monte Carlo SS in the cobalt blue color pulls up next to me at a light. I could tell out of the corner of my eye that it was a young guy in the Monte Carlo and he was eyeing me like he was ready to race. I didn't want to be to obvious about racing so as to upset the wife so I slowly reached for the Stabilitrak button but did not stall up or turn off the a/c. As we left the light I did not floor it but steadily pressed on the gas so as to just stay ahead of the Monte, a win is a win right, and I didn't want to get in trouble. Well by the top of first I had the truck floored and the Monte continued to pull!! There was nothing I could do! By this time the jig was up and the wife new what I was doing, so I kept it floored up just a little past 60 and the Monte was still pulling, pretty good, as a matter of fact. Needless to say, I was very surprised as they are estimated at a 6.1 sec. 0-60 with a 14.3 quarter mile.

Next time I'll be looking for him with the climate control off and I'll be ready to stall it up . I have no doubt that he had it floored as soon as the turned green also. However, I was surprised at the rate that he continued to pull me at the top end. Those 5.3's must run pretty good.
here's the thread.... http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=11855
Old 07-28-2006 | 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLUBYU
LMAO Guess your talking about your TA!! Might be a good run.

he thinks the 13.49 was the best I can run...we'll see come this fall .....anyone reccomend a good blowoff valve?

mike..have you been keeping track of the "installation" on Matt's SS????
Old 07-28-2006 | 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
the silverado ss are dogs for what they are i ran 9.1 in my grand prix gxp in the 1/8 with a 2.3 60ft. with better traction it could have been an 8.8 to 8.9
Not this one, I thought I had this race in the bag but I spun off the line and never was able to catch him in the 1/8. In short distance the AWD rules. There is no way to launch as hard as an AWD SS. Plus, this one may have been modded, I never got to talk to him. So I don't know for sure.
Old 07-29-2006 | 06:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
he thinks the 13.49 was the best I can run...we'll see come this fall .....anyone reccomend a good blowoff valve?

mike..have you been keeping track of the "installation" on Matt's SS????
Yes can't wait to see what it runs like.

Quick Reply: 06 Trailblazer SS vs. 06 Monte SS