LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

oil suckage

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FIEROPHREK
Hello all First of I'm new here and found this sight very helpfull ! I was thinking about this oil consumption thing . how likely would it be that this excessive oil consumption has to do with the DOD function? If the cylinders that are deactivated are still tying to draw air and fuel in and the intake valve is closed wouldn't that create a high amount of vacuum in the cylinder? If it does then it would try to draw air past the piston rings kinda like blowby. This air is directly off of the crankcase. Seems totally possible to me but i'm new to the LS motors . Oh yeah not to change the subject but. . . . . I just picked up an LS4 and plan on swapping it into my 85 fiero GT .
The way the DOD works, it actually traps the last spent charge in the cylinder and uses this as an air spring. I would expect that the vacuum effect would be low to non-existent.

Chip
Old 11-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Staging Lane

Wink

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yeah, good luck with that

the LS4 is about half the size of the Fiero nevermind fitting INSIDE it

and even if you're able to get it in there, it'll shake/rattle that thing apart...

those cars were throw-aways... I know, I had one... junk...
I'll post up a pic for ya (if i can figure it out) since seeing is believing. A normal LSX motor will fit and it is longer, so why not the LS4? it doesn't need an adapter plate like the LSX's. Well i'll throw it down the 1/4 once i'm done my swap .
Old 11-01-2006, 07:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

really??? wow, wouldn't think it would... well, that's cool!! that thing will FLY then once that's in there...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 11-01-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

the ls4 will fit fine into a fiero.
the sbc, northstar, 3.8 sc motors have been common swaps for a long time now.

on the ls4, you can't move the pcv unless you change intake manifolds. DOH!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

Ok here's a pic of an LS1 in a Fiero.

OK one more before we get