LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Where's the turn signal clicker speaker?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the turn signal clicker speaker?

Here's a good one...turn signals work a-ok, but the clicking noise when they are working broke, lol. I guess these cars have solid state turn signals. Now where is that speaker or ???? Any ideas?
Old 02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

have you had any dealer updates recently?? I noticed the same thing on mine - but if you turn everything off and/or down, you can hear it. There was an update to the system to lower the volume of the "click-clack" sound of the turn signals.

Part of the same update was for OnStar volume as well, although I can't really tell a difference with OnStar at this point... don't use it that much.

If you go here: http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web you can put in your VIN number and see all of the GM updates that are available for your vehicle. Again, this shows the GM updates that are AVAILABLE for your vehicle's computers, but it doesn't mean that your vehicle has those updates. If you have a scanner though, you can compare your scanner's calibration ID's to the ones on that site, and see if you're up to date or not.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure if your cars are the same, but on most cars the clicking sound comes from an in-car fuse box. The clicking sound comes from the big round or square things plugged in to the box. Just a thought.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

nah, the sound doesn't come from a relay... again, there was a computer update for our cars that adjusted/lowered the volume of the blinker's click-clack sound - guess too many people thought it was too loud - LOL. I can get you the update # if you want and see if yours was updated at all and has that latest revision.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 02-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Teching In

if i remember correctly isnt there an option for the clicker sound level in your settings? havnt really dicked with them in a while tho.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

there's an overall "chime" volume setting - haven't tried if it affects the click-clack though...

Old 02-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

I figured out the problem last night coming home...I thought to turn on the radio to make sure that the door speaker still worked (I thought the click sound came from that area). The radio doesnt work. I have to check the radio/amp fuse in the passenger footwell when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: Where's the turn signal clicker speaker?