LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New GXP Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New GXP Owner

Hey guys & gals,

I just bought a new GXP last night. I have not gotten any pictures of it yet but it is shadow gray with all the options. So far it has been a fun car to drive. Anyway just wanted to say hello to the forum.

Bryan
Old 02-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Grats on the purchase! I have definitely been happy with mine.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Hi, you will love it!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Teching In

You'll be happy with your GXP purchase...stock for stock a much better car than a Monte SS or Impala SS

Last edited by trend1; 02-21-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

yello there
Old 02-21-2007, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Howdy and welcome!
Tate
Old 02-21-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trend1
You'll be happy with your GXP purchase...stock for stock a much better car than a Monte SS or Impala SS
Congrats on your new car Bry!

... but trend - that's a pretty bold statement. Especially since it's made by the same company.

The GP is a love / hate design. Red IP backlighting? Batmobile interior? Thought my Buick Regal GS had a big IP display for the AARP folks, then I saw the Pontiac ...

What about street cred at a light? No disrespect intended, but it is a little hard to tell a V-8 GXP from any other V-6 version of the GP.

My MCSS is a "disposable" daily driver, so it doesn't choke me up like when a LS1 or LS7 fires up. However - just about everyone next to me at a light thinks they have to prove something when the light turns green.

And another downside - no "20 somethings" are checking out a car like their Dad drives.

My MCSS gets more female compliments in the 6 months I've owned it than my Z did in 5 years.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can crack the navigation in the GXP to play MP3's too, just like the C6's
Old 02-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Congrats on your new car Bry!

... but trend - that's a pretty bold statement. Especially since it's made by the same company.

The GP is a love / hate design. Red IP backlighting? Batmobile interior? Thought my Buick Regal GS had a big IP display for the AARP folks, then I saw the Pontiac ...

What about street cred at a light? No disrespect intended, but it is a little hard to tell a V-8 GXP from any other V-6 version of the GP.

My MCSS is a "disposable" daily driver, so it doesn't choke me up like when a LS1 or LS7 fires up. However - just about everyone next to me at a light thinks they have to prove something when the light turns green.

And another downside - no "20 somethings" are checking out a car like their Dad drives.

My MCSS gets more female compliments in the 6 months I've owned it than my Z did in 5 years.

If you go back and CAREFULLY read my post I said “stock for stock a much better car…” I never brought up looks because I know it’s a personal thing and in my personal opinion I think the Monte’s look fugly but again that my personal opinion and why I didn’t purchase one. Getting to my stock for stock quote; the GXP has better wheels and tires, better brakes and suspension, Stabilitrack, Heads up display and much better seats! One thing we do agree is your Vett
Old 02-22-2007, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I never brought up looks because I know it’s a personal thing
True - so true
Old 02-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I have been on ls1tech for a long time now just get all my info without having to post. The search button is my friend.

Originally Posted by 35thUCF
you can crack the navigation in the GXP to play MP3's too, just like the C6's
Do you know how to do this or have a link that will show how too?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Launching!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...01&forum_id=74

Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=Kazmaniac

[/QUOTE]

Is that because its a girls car.
Tate
Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Compg
Is that because its a girls car.
Tate
Well, never thought of it that way, but whatever works! LMAO!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

If you go back and CAREFULLY read my post I said “stock for stock a much better car…” I never brought up looks because I know it’s a personal thing and in my personal opinion I think the Monte’s look fugly but again that my personal opinion and why I didn’t purchase one. Getting to my stock for stock quote; the GXP has better wheels and tires, better brakes and suspension, Stabilitrack, Heads up display and much better seats! One thing we do agree is your Vett
Funny thing is that Car and Driver recorded that the Impala SS bested the GXP 0-60, in the 1/4 mile and in braking. This was accomplished with inferior tires, brakes and an extra 130 pounds of curb weight. The SS even posted a .81 g vs. .82g's on the skid pad on those RSA's. You do have HUD, Stabilitrack(Help for those who can't drive) and your seats are much much more supportive.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crippler22
Funny thing is that Car and Driver recorded that the Impala SS bested the GXP 0-60, in the 1/4 mile and in braking. This was accomplished with inferior tires, brakes and an extra 130 pounds of curb weight. The SS even posted a .81 g vs. .82g's on the skid pad on those RSA's. You do have HUD, Stabilitrack(Help for those who can't drive) and your seats are much much more supportive.

You forgot the speedo you can see from outerspace. I have never been one for pontiac interiors...
Old 02-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
You forgot the speedo you can see from outerspace. I have never been one for pontiac interiors...
I always liked the red gauges on the Pontiacs, but I like the clean look of the Impala SS interior over the GP GXP. Infact the SS interior was the deciding factor over the GXP when we purchased the SS.
Anyway congrats on the GXP purchase you won't be disappointed. They are awesome cars.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got your six:

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Thought my Buick Regal GS had a big IP display for the AARP folks, then I saw the Pontiac ...
Old 02-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BryanlsWS6
Hey guys & gals,

I just bought a new GXP last night. I have not gotten any pictures of it yet but it is shadow gray with all the options. So far it has been a fun car to drive. Anyway just wanted to say hello to the forum.

Bryan
Congrats on your new car, I am going to test drive a black '06 GXP today at lunch.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

who looks at the speedo?

HUD ftw!