LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

07 impala SS with dioblo sport?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

k, don't need to do all that - plus it reduces your sampling rate, and doesn't log very long at all, probably not long enough - about 6-8 minutes doing all of them.

you want:

air/fuel ratio
commanded throttle position
engine speed
long term fuel trim bank 1
oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1
short term fuel trim bank 1
spark advance
total knock spark retard

I think that's all I log - I don't have my stuff in front of me.

anyway, logging that you'll be able to get a good 20 minute log or so, with a better/quicker sampling rate.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-12-2007, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you I'll do that the next couple of days.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

I adjusted my slope -10% and have driven it a couple of times and it staying at .78 at cruise and -2.34 to + 2.34 on normal driving,is that good enough?

And 24mpg vs 19.5 mpg thats a big increase.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yup, you're there...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 03-13-2007, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

get those dialed in first then we can talk about the PE fueling.
Where is a good spot to start for getting the most power and still be safe?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kpssmonte
I adjusted my slope -10% and have driven it a couple of times and it staying at .78 at cruise and -2.34 to + 2.34 on normal driving,is that good enough?

And 24mpg vs 19.5 mpg thats a big increase.
Boy, wouldn't THAT be nice! A 20% increase would bring me to...13.4mpg

...But that's negated by laying the smackdown to any and all other vehicles in the area

kpssmonte, is that with the DoD or non-DoD tune? How noticeable is the surge if it's the DoD tune?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Boy, wouldn't THAT be nice! A 20% increase would bring me to...13.4mpg
Are you serious? I got 24mpg on back roads avg. speed 40mph and wot 3-4 times.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Where is a good spot to start for getting the most power and still be safe?
k, you want to do a log where you can safely go WOT at least twice - and be sure to log the same parameters as before.

when you're done, you want to look at the Oxygen Sensor Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1 reading - you want it somewhere between .88x and .910 to be safe.

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
How noticeable is the surge if it's the DoD tune?
it's noticable on mine, and gets annoying quick... that's why I run the No DOD tune.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

it's noticable on mine, and gets annoying quick... that's why I run the No DOD tune.
Did you install the most recent update I think 07, The newest update made the dod operation much smoother on mine still not as good as stock but close.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I hope Diable takes notice of other people having the 4 to 8 surge. When I had spoken to Johan a long time ago, he had not heard anyone else having the issue. I hope when they come out with trans support, this issue can go away for good.

My MPG stinks compared to you all and I had switched back to 93 w/DOD to get the MPG gain but recently went back to stock due to the surge. The WOT 1-2 shift is actually firmer stock, but remember someone explaining why since they couldn't talk to the TCM.

They have a good product and I can;t wait until all this is behind us.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Unfortunately, i'm quite serious. While i reset my DIC after just about each fillup, i think my lifetime average is around 11mpg. All hard, city, stop-n-go driving...maybe 1/10mi at a time. I believe my average speed is generally 19mph or so.

And now i know it's not my car that is messed up. I'm driving an Uplander (chevy minivan) while the Imp is at the dealer (day 12 now) and getting 11.6mpg. It averaged 19.6 (lifetime) over 30,000mi until i got it. I drive this POS 6cyl like i do my car and thats where i am.

[the surge is] noticable on mine, and gets annoying quick... that's why I run the No DOD tune.
God ****it i need my car! Calling the dealer (again).
Old 03-13-2007, 02:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Did you install the most recent update I think 07, The newest update made the dod operation much smoother on mine still not as good as stock but close.
the latest tune (8r07) doesn't have any tune changes or updates - as is mentioned on their download page. It's an internal tool fix to address an issue of the screen blanking out on some of the mustang units, but they applied the fix across the board on all their units so it won't happen to any others.

What version did you have before updating to the 8r07? because after one of their initial releases, they did come out with another update that fixed the DOD surge a little more - so depending on which revision you started out at, you probably just got that initial fix which is why it feels like it did something - but it's still there.

I believe 8r04 was the last update that had any actual tune updates in it for our cars.

8r05 is when they added the SSR tunes back to the unit, 8r06 was a DTC code clearing fix, and 8r07 is the latest internal fix.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Just wondering...Can this be used as a diagnostic or code clearing tool for any other OBDII vehicles (besides the obvious ones listed for the u7191)?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yes, it's supposed to be able to read any other GM vehicle's codes and also log data...

I personally haven't tried it yet though, but now that you mention it - I can give it a whirl on the wife's Equinox and check it out.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

What version did you have before updating to the 8r07? because after one of their initial releases, they did come out with another update that fixed the DOD surge a little more - so depending on which revision you started out at, you probably just got that initial fix which is why it feels like it did something - but it's still there.
I had the 8r06 with the dod operating jerky, but when I downloaded the 8r07 it was much smoother.Maybe something was wrong with the 8r06 tune or just didn't install correctly.

My OSB1S1 was at .86 WOT, I will tune the PE with my performance meeter to see where the power is,Did you touch the timing?I might bump it up a degree and see if anything happens after I'm done with PE tuning.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

yes, it's supposed to be able to read any other GM vehicle's codes and also log data...

I personally haven't tried it yet though, but now that you mention it - I can give it a whirl on the wife's Equinox and check it out.
I'll check the Uplander as well. After checking with the dealer, i won't have the car anytime soon, so i might as well familiarize myself with those options if it is available to do so.

I think it's time i got out the "***k Off" letter to the dealer and began Chapter 2. I held back from sending them the letter in December b/c the sales manager said they'd have my XM up and running by the end of the first quarter, and it's about two weeks away and still no word.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

Well I did some logging going 75mph pretty much the whole time and the car is stock. I don't see a box to show the air/fuel ratio on the data viewer though. Am I missing something? Plus I did the 91 octane no DOD tune and I get the same gas mileage which is nice because I don't get that annoying surge.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

did you log the air/fuel ratio? in the dataviewer, it's called Equivalence Ratio / AFR

Old 03-13-2007, 05:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

My OSB1S1 was at .86 WOT, I will tune the PE with my performance meeter to see where the power is,Did you touch the timing?I might bump it up a degree and see if anything happens after I'm done with PE tuning.
yeah, you can go about +4% in both PE ranges. I haven't touched the timing at all. It only lets you adjust timing for the WOT ranges though...

In your logs, does your ltft lock at 0 when you go WOT??

Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

WOW, that is good!

Do you run DOD tune, right?

Quick Reply: 07 impala SS with dioblo sport?