LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

07 impala SS with dioblo sport?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright I got it. Sorry if I am going over things that were discussed before. But is the best way to log to go 55mph and give it wide open throttle atleast once? 06monte you should have Diablo start paying you for your tech support.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

no problem about going over things - we all start somewhere, I did! Was only a few months ago when I was asking everyone all the questions... it doesn't take long to get it.

They say in the book to hold it at 55 to get the normal driving/cruise ltft numbers, I usually do 65-70 just to keep up with traffic (and I STILL get passed!). I don't know how much of a difference the speed makes, if any.

I try to do WOT runs from as slow a roll as possible to get it to go through 1,2,3 as far through the rpm's as road space/traffic permits - I have a highway on-ramp by me that is pretty good for that - If I time it right, I can get on it and floor it and reach 100 in 3rd by the time I'm at the top. A WOT run from a dead-stop would be ideal, but that's not possible in my area. But, like you said - I've also done it on the highway when there's room - I slow down to about 55-60, then punch it and go. I actually did that tonight on the way home.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

06MonteSS,

With your custom tune w/o DOD, what average mpg are you getting?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I'm getting 20mpg... that's with 50/50 town/highway driving during the week, and all town driving on weekends - with the occasional fun blasts!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 03-13-2007, 06:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
I'll check the Uplander as well. After checking with the dealer, i won't have the car anytime soon, so i might as well familiarize myself with those options if it is available to do so.
when you switch the Predator between vehicles, before you go to log anything, do the Live Table Reset. This enables the unit to read the current vehicles setup as far as what it's able to log for that particular vehicle. It'll also prompt you to select the type of tranny - auto or manual - so it knows what logging parameters to load up.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I'm getting 20mpg... that's with 50/50 town/highway driving during the week, and all town driving on weekends - with the occasional fun blasts!
You know what is funny? You are getting better mileage than me(17mpg at 5000ft) with stock PCM(of course w/DOD). My predator is coming soon!

I have Dashhawk and it tells me my LTFT is around 4-5% on normal driving.

I have K&N Aircharger and Flowmaster 40.... so my tune is off for sure.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, after I modified the Diablo No DOD tune, my mileage is better than what I was getting stock with mine too, with the DOD.

My CAI made me lean too, about +7-ish. If you're consistently getting +4 to +5 for ltft at normal driving/cruise, when you get your Predator you can adjust your injector slope to -4%, and do both PE ranges to +3% and that should put you right on the mark.

How do you like the DashHawk?? I've been looking at it but not sure if it's worth it or not. Does it do a lot of stuff that you would use all the time, or once you see the stuff you need you don't need to use it again?

Old 03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

of course, don't forget... with the warm weather coming, that will throw off your fuel trims - so as it gets warmer you'll want to monitor them and adjust accordingly.

Warmer air means less dense and less volume of air being sucked in, so it'll make ya run richer which would/could lead to a loss of some power.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

In your logs, does your ltft lock at 0 when you go WOT??

yes
Old 03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Do you run DOD tune, right?
No I'm running the NO DOD tune. I got 22mpg from the factory,I,m in the north central part of md, good air I guess.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=27001T

I want these results! please explain the only 13fwhp increase in the can tune.

Last edited by kpssmonte; 03-13-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kpssmonte
No I'm running the NO DOD tune. I got 22mpg from the factory,I,m in the north central part of md, good air I guess.
Oh, yeah I live in 5000ft dusty Reno air. LOL
Old 03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by kpssmonte
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=27001T

I want these results! please explain the only 13fwhp increase in the can tune.
must be more to unlock in them

the trucks always gain more... read around diablosport.com's site - they're truck tunes are around 100hp...

Old 03-13-2007, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

they're truck tunes are around 100hp...
In the diesel, but this was the 6.0 gas.I'm guessin the can 6L truck engine tune is about 35hp and 35lbft.Thats what hypertech gives you.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Trucks must come de-tuned from the factory then....100hp tunes, hammer of thor....
Old 03-14-2007, 09:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

of course, don't forget... with the warm weather coming, that will throw off your fuel trims - so as it gets warmer you'll want to monitor them and adjust accordingly.

Warmer air means less dense and less volume of air being sucked in, so it'll make ya run richer which would/could lead to a loss of some power.
while I am running richer - as indicated by the soot in my tips from my ride home yesterday (60* outside) - as it gets warmer we may need to back off the timing too...

going home from work yesterday, it was 60* outside. I did a log and checked it when I got home... my ambient air temp was 66, my intake air temp was 78, and I had KR all over the place - and even throughout the entire WOT blast I did!!

I made a slope adjustment this morning before I left for work (went to -6%) - to spray more fuel, so we'll see what that gets me on the way home... it's supposed to be 65* today.... still may have to back off the spark/timing in the WOT ranges as well.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

06montess, ever have you car not start?It happened twice today and the second time the force back up that needs a password from diablo tech. did not work and the guy at diablo said I did nothing wrong and It was odd.Now it's getting toaded to the dealer,If i'm lucky it just needs a reflash.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

nope, never had that happen. That is definitely odd, especially since the Diablo tech said you did everything correctly....

Did you ever have a flash that worked flawlessly?? or was this your first time trying it?

so it wouldn't start, then you waited and tried to start it again and it DID start?? and then it wouldn't start again? Have you been noticing if it seems to hesitate when starting lately?? I wonder if it's the bad battery cell syndrome that a few people have encountered - me included. for a couple days my car seemed to hesitate when starting - then one day, nothing! starter wouldn't even click - deader than a doornail. jumped it and drove to the dealer, turned it off - 1 minute later they went to pull it into the shop and it was totally dead. Turned out to be a bad cell in the battery - so they gave me a new one, and better than the original too.

And if your battery isn't fully charged, the tunes won't load/flash into your ECM anyway.

and what's the password for the force reflash??

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-14-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

How do you like the DashHawk?? I've been looking at it but not sure if it's worth it or not. Does it do a lot of stuff that you would use all the time, or once you see the stuff you need you don't need to use it again?
I like it. It has backlights and all the scanning and trans support too, so I can see if trans is slipping etc etc

It also have 0-60 recorder/measuring and 1/4 mile too. I got 0-60 in 5.9 other day with 5000 ft and being my tuning is off.

Here is parameter:

* Calculated Engine Load
* Engine Coolant Temp (ECT)
* Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
* Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2
* Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
* Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 2
* Fuel Pressure (KPA)
* Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)
* Engine RPM
* Vehicle Speed
* Timing Advance (Spark)
* Intake Air Temp (IAT)
* Mass Air Flow (MAF)
* Absolute Throttle Position
* O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
* O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
* O2 Bank 1 Sensor 3
* O2 Bank 1 Sensor 4
* O2 Bank 2 Sensor 1
* O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2
* O2 Bank 2 Sensor 3
* O2 Bank 2 Sensor 4
* Relative Fuel Pressure
* Diesel Fuel Pressure
* Commanded EGR Duty Cycle
* EGR Error
* Commanded EVAP Purge Duty Cycle
* Fuel Level
* Evap Vapor Pressure
* Barometric Pressure
* Catalyst Temp Bank 1 Sensor 1
* Catalyst Temp Bank 1 Sensor 2
* Catalyst Temp Bank 2 Sensor 1
* Catalyst Temp Bank 2 Sensor 2
* Module Voltage
* Absolute Load
* Commanded Equivalence Ratio
* Relative Throttle Position
* Ambient Air Temp (AAT)
* Absolute Throttle Position B
* Absolute Throttle Position C
* Absolute Pedal Position D
* Absolute Pedal Position E
* Absolute Pedal Position F
* Commanded Throttle Actuator
* BLM Cell #
* Torque Management Spark Retard (Shift)
* Commanded A/F Ratio
* Knock Retard
* Cylinder That Knocked
* Learned Spark
* Oil Pressure (new in v1.0.2!)
* Calculated Vacuum (GM)
* Calculated Air Flow (GM)
* Current Misfire Cyl 1 (GM)
* Current Misfire Cyl 2 (GM)
* Current Misfire Cyl 3 (GM)
* Current Misfire Cyl 4 (GM)
* Current Misfire Cyl 5 (GM)
* Current Misfire Cyl 6 (GM)
* Current Misfire Cyl 7 (GM)
* Current Misfire Cyl 8 (GM)
* Total Misfires (GM)
* History Misfire Cyl 1 (GM)
* History Misfire Cyl 2 (GM)
* History Misfire Cyl 3 (GM)
* History Misfire Cyl 4 (GM)
* History Misfire Cyl 5 (GM)
* History Misfire Cyl 6 (GM)
* History Misfire Cyl 7 (GM)
* History Misfire Cyl 8 (GM)
* Misfire Cycles (GM)
* Desired Throttle Position (GM)
* Pedal Rotation (GM)
* Fan Speed (GM)
* Desired Fan Speed (GM)
* Fan Speed Error % (GM)
* Command Fans 1, 2, 3 ON/OFF
* Command Fuel Trim Reset
* Command Crank Angle Sensor Error (CASE) Relearn

Trans support:

1. Alcohol % in Fuel (Flex Fuel Capable)
2. Fuel Type (Multi-fuel vehicle)
3. OEM (Factory) Wide-Band O2 Sensor Voltage Sensors 1-8 OEM (Factory) Wide-Band O2 Sensor Current 1-8
4. OEM (Factory) Wide-Band O2 Sensor Equivalency Ratio 1-Aux O2 (WB) Long Term Fuel Trim
5. Aux O2 (WB) Short Term Fuel Trim
6. High Range Fuel Pressure (for diesel and direct injected gasoline engines)

# GM Specific Vehicles (if supported by Vehicle)

1. Transmission 1->2 Shift Time
2. Transmission 1->2 Shift Error
3. Transmission 2->3 Shift Time
4. Transmission 2->3 Shift Error
5. Transmission 3->4 Shift Time
6. Transmission 3->4 Shift Error
7. Transmission Last Shift Time
8. Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Duty Cycle %
9. Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Slip RPM
10. Transmission Input Shaft Speed RPM
11. Transmission Output Shaft Speed RPM
12. Current Gear Status
13. Transmission Oil Temperature
14. Valve Body Force Motor Current Amps
15. Valve Body Force Motor Duty Cycle %

Last edited by yuimyt; 03-14-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Did you ever have a flash that worked flawlessly?? or was this your first time trying it?
I've done a dozen flash's tring to get the most hp,and have done it all the same except today I forgot the performance meeter was pluged in to the cigaret lighter,that caused the first forced backup upload,my fault.Then I was extra carefull the next couple times and then out of nowhere agian happened.Now the forced backup wont even work tried a couple of times.

the code changes every time the programmer gives you a different key which needs a different code each time to keep us from using it whenever.

Quick Reply: 07 impala SS with dioblo sport?