LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

07 impala SS with dioblo sport?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kpssmonte
Well I'll finally get my monte back tomarrow.They ended up replacing the ECM and had to reprogram everything that has to do with the ECM. So this time I'll just do the tune where I was at and leave good enough alone for now.I hope the new ECM works with the diablo.
WoW...that would suck if it didn't!

I loaded up the 93 tune (w/DoD) and it's SOOO much better...just haven't been able to let her loose...it decided to ****ing snow now that she's back in the stable. Keeping traction in the snow with Diablo93 is gonna be fun
Old 03-16-2007, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

I loaded up the 93 tune (w/DoD) and it's SOOO much better...just haven't been able to let her loose...it decided to ****ing snow now that she's back in the stable. Keeping traction in the snow with Diablo93 is gonna be fun
Yep,4-8inch's here and it was just in the 70's a few days ago.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Teching In

So correct me if I'm wrong.

Step 1: Measure STFT & LTFT to 0 at WOT. To acomplish this minus slope injector % by positive trims and add slope % for negative trims.

Step 2: O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 should be between 0.88xx-0.90xx. Not sure how to calculate PE values.

Step 3: After these two adjustments take a 15-20 minute run with the cruise set around 60 and see where the LTFT averages out. You can do this by brinigng the car to idle after the cruise. Value between -2 and 2. Again increase or decrease slope injector % accordingly.

Step 4: Is there anything more we should be aware of besides to see that:

Air/Fuel Ratio between 12-15
Knock Retard to 0

And when the weather warms up we may want to increase the slope injector positive value to offset warmer less dense air.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Step 1: Make sure car is warmed up, then take a cruise set around 60 while logging so you can get an avarage of your LTFT while at speed. Review log. Target LTFT after adjustments is between -2 and 2. Iincrease or decrease injector slope % accordingly. LTFT will vary during different driving so look at average during cruise. If LTFT is -6 set slope to neg 6, then retest. If LTFT +6 then set slop to positave 6.

Step 2: Go log a couple of WOT runs. LTFT should lock to 0 at WOT. I've seen them .7 to 0 to -.7. O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 should be between 0.88xx-0.90xx during this log. Adjust PE (both ranges) + to richen or raise the value of O2 or - to lower the value or O2.

Step 3: Enjoy.

Equivalence Ration is the value in the log for A/F.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Buffalo... email sent...

and yeah, this snow sucks... got about 9 inches or so here...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-17-2007, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Got my car back and uploaded the tune and everything is just the way it should be, and hopefully stay's that way.I probaly wont mess with the diablo again until I get a CAI.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Glad you got it figured out. Running stock with a K&N CAI, i was running about +12 LTFT. Installed the diablo 93 tune, and was at +18...adjusted -12 in the slope and -9 in the PE tables and got the FTs at about 2.

However, i plan to yank the battery cable to clear evenything, as Monte suggests, and then log again.

Unfortunately, the roads are still nasty here...so i'm just sitting here, not playing with my toys.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

adjusted -12 in the slope and -9 in the PE tables and got the FTs at about 2.

It's amazing how these cars, supposing to be identical as far as motor goes, can have such different needs when it comes to this tuning stuff. I've got to be at -2 on the sople and +6 on the PE to be in a good area. Hey Buffalo, pulling your battery cables will probably be a good idea. My numbers were very different after I did so. You may likely see the same happen. Will most likely make your numbers much more accurate. Not saying your numbers are incorrect now, but you may see different ones after an ECM reset.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

glad everyone is getting in to it... it's fun, ain't it??!!

same here Buff as far as the roads.. hell, I just got done now getting my driveway cleared enough to be able to get out!

and yeah, the battery disconnect to automagically reset the learned values will help. Just drive for a day before taking a log to make sure the new readings have stabilized... you may find that now you are not as far off as you were before and will need to make adjustments to slope and PE as needed.

And Buff, with your PE ranges at -9%, what is your O2 reading at WOT?? that sounds like it'd be pretty lean... although, after the reset, those will probably change anyway.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

k, I think I just got caught up on everyone's emails...

Old 03-18-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

I forgot to mention: The car had been powered down for some time before i even got here back from the dealer. They had just finished the electrical repairs hours before i got her so it may not make THAT big of a difference.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hmmm... ok, well let's see where we're at with the new logs when you get 'em...

Old 03-19-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Alrighty...did the reset and ran another log with a couple WOTs. I'm at about .82-83v at WOT right now, so i gotta up the PE, right? (remember, i mistakenly went -9 when i should have gone +). My LTFTs are between -2.3 and +4.6 (but only that high for a very short period. Lew, i send over the file. Let me know what you think...NO RUSH!

I'm also going to clean up the MAF again and do some more logging after i adjust the PE and get the OSB1S1 back in range.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, lemme see the file - I'll run my macro to weed out the low throttle spots, see where you're cruising at and letcha know what adjustments I'd make...

are your current settings for this log still -12 slope and -9 PE ranges???

Old 03-19-2007, 11:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

k, after careful observation of the aforementioned sent log... HOLY CRAP on those O2 values! get 'em up boy, get 'em up!

so, if that log was done with your settings still at -12 slope and -9 in both PE ranges, here's what I would do:

Injector Slope... keep it at -12% for now. Your ltft averaged out to 1.85... how's the car feel?? sluggish, bogging, shifting ok? more/quicker pickup??

Both RPM ranges for PE.... 0, yes zero because with your injectors set to negative numbers, it tells the computer that they are smaller so in turn they will spray MORE fuel... so spraying that much more fuel should get you pretty damn close to where we want to be with the O2.

by going negative in the PE ranges, you effectively took out the extra fuel you added from adjusting the slope... so you were lean to start with, then richened it up at cruise by adjusting the slope to negative numbers, but then you leaned it back out at WOT by also going negative in PE.

So, try the 0 PE ranges and let's see how that looks... we should be just about there.

I'll be waiting...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-19-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

another satisfied fellow LS4 owner... some excerpts from Buffalo's email I received...
================================================== ======
Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
I went out and went +4 on the PE and she's at .89v at WOT. She's running GREAT right now... I'll check out the average FTs...should definitely be in the 0-1+ range
now.

She is an absolute beast now. From a light at an inclined onramp to the
expressway, I dropped the hammer, had TC kick in 3 times, and STILL was at
110-120 before I knew it....

Thanks for all of your help!
WOOHOO!!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

I tried the 91 octane with DOD tune today and it really felt bad. The surge from 4 to 8 is unbearable. I thought the factory one was bad but this was worse. The no DOD tune is great though.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

maybe something is wrong with yours, because the factory tune/DOD switch is totally undetectable aside from the exhaust note... at least in mine...

but I agree with you about the Diablo tune, that surge was annoying.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

I have to agree on the 91 DOD tune. I installed it yesterday and drove around some. This thing pulls a lot better now, but the surge is getting on my nerves after 1 day. The wife even looked at me and asked what I was doing to make it jerk like that. I told her I didn't feel anything... she says there it is... did you feel that... nope Almost seems like it stays in 4cyl mode longer and lugs the engine more before switching to 8cyl mode. I think I'll try the 91 nonDOD tomorrow and then run some logs. I was planning to just load the tune and forget it, but you guys are making me want to go deeper into this tuner and really try to dial it in.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep up the great work Lew!!

Mike

Quick Reply: 07 impala SS with dioblo sport?