Old 03-19-2007, 10:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Keep up the great work Lew!!

Mike
Thanks Mike!

Originally Posted by pgbSS
I was planning to just load the tune and forget it, but you guys are making me want to go deeper into this tuner and really try to dial it in.
Bring it on!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul...i said the same thing to myself while the car was at the dealer and the diablo was burning a hole through the box...but with the CAI, i knew i'd need to fix the fuel trims and such. DO IT! Log it and report...just fine-tuning the couple of things we've done has made a marked improvement for me...and i'm not done, either.

Can't wait for tranny support!

Now, regarding the surge, i don't notice it as much b/c i do mostly city driving...so i don't see 4cyl mode all that often. I'm going to track my mileage during this fillup and see what happens, and then install the no-DoD tune and track that. We'll see what happens.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

wait a minute here!! Chris, the logs and info you sent me - that was WITH DOD enabled?? I thought you had the No DOD tune installed, or did I miss it somewhere where you said it was still enabled???

If you still have the DOD enabled, drive in 3 to do your logs so that the DOD doesn't kick in... it will skew your numbers...

Let me know!

EDIT: yeah, just read through some back posts where you said you loaded the tune with DOD still enabled... just for ***** and giggles, drive around in 3 and do a log and let's see where those numbers are at.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-20-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry...must have missed that little factoid ...was probably on page 2 or something, huh?

I just did yet another log with the 93 DoD tune after adjusting the PE tables as you suggested. At about 88% full, going WOT at about 110, my V1 goes off "LASER" So i immediately bolt across 3 lanes and take that exit and snake my way through the City for a hiding place. I think i just now caught my breath...won't go logging for WOTs anytime soon.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
At about 88% full, going WOT at about 110, my V1 goes off "LASER" So i immediately bolt across 3 lanes and take that exit and snake my way through the City for a hiding place. I think i just now caught my breath...won't go logging for WOTs anytime soon.
That explains the deal with the Black SS on the News at noon Helicopter report!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

I just did yet another log with the 93 DoD tune after adjusting the PE tables as you suggested. At about 88% full, going WOT at about 110, my V1 goes off "LASER" So i immediately bolt across 3 lanes and take that exit and snake my way through the City for a hiding place. I think i just now caught my breath...won't go logging for WOTs anytime soon.
Sounds like fun,Why 110, 109 would have been good enough
Old 03-20-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

I do alot of highway driving and the surge is noticable. Especially if you have to slow down for traffic then speed up a little. You can feel it going from 4 to 8 or even 8 to 4 cylinders. That 91 octane no DoD is sweeeet though. I got her up to 114mph and have my log to prove it. haha
Old 03-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Chris, I have the same problem trying to get WOT logs. They just upgraded the interstate and the cops are out in force nailing people to help pay for it. I get the surging both in the city and highway and its actually worse in the city. I'm taking the Diablo to work with me tomorrow and try and get some logs on the way home. Maybe I can get WOT on the on ramp... maybe I'l try for 108 instead of 110
Old 03-21-2007, 07:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

if you guys are still running with DOD enabled, do your logs while driving in 3 - so the DOD doesn't kick in and skew the numbers... or, just install the No DOD tune and then you can log while driving in D.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Regarding the Laser alert, i just read at Valentine1.com that a few vehicles have a certain neon stoplight that causes laser alerts (Envoy & Trailblazer) and there are a couple vehicles with laser-guided cruise control could have caused this possible false alert. There is no way that i could have been gunned down where i was...no place for a Trooper to sit...unless they got me from behind, but i made sure i was "in the clear" when i attempted it. Funny thing is that i have been getting false alerts behind a certain Envoy for the past couple months...this explains it: http://www.valentine1.com/lab/Previously7.asp

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
if you guys are still running with DOD enabled, do your logs while driving in 3 - so the DOD doesn't kick in and skew the numbers... or, just install the No DOD tune and then you can log while driving in D.
I think i'm going to load the no-DoD tune today anyway and see what happens...and i'll try my WOT runs from onramps only this time...not from 60-70

On a side note, my exhaust tips are freaking disgusting right now...completely BLACK...and i cleaned them out when i got home from the dealer on Friday. Something ain't right with this tune...
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, you're running way too rich... the -12 slope is overkill, that's why we want to see the numbers while NOT in DOD, cuz that throws off the trims.... I totally forgot/missed that you said you were using the tune with the DOD still enabled, otherwise we would have caught this from the start... sorry man...

if you want, modify the No DOD tune - make the slope -6% and the PE +4% in both ranges. That's where I have mine at, and it should get you pretty close to start with... I don't have any soot on my tips, and all my numbers are pretty much right on the mark. I'm running the Diablo Tune No DOD (93 octane)...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-21-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS

On a side note, my exhaust tips are freaking disgusting right now...completely BLACK...and i cleaned them out when i got home from the dealer on Friday. Something ain't right with this tune...
Hey Buff;
Don't feel bad about the soot, you're not the only one. I've been running the non DOD Diablo tune with -2 to -3 on the slope and +8 to +10 on the PE and my tips are as black as yours sound. I have never had my tips this dirty, EVER..., and I'm running way at the other end of the extreme from you on the tune. So beleive me, you're not the only one going thru "darky syndrome!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Monte, i ran another log this afternoon in 3rd but i forgot to send it home (or to you) before i left work...so i'll check it out tomorrow. My o2 levels were back down near .87v or so on my couple WOT runs...they had been up near .91. Still can't seem to get the LTFTs to zero out at WOT, though...dunno why. I'll make those adjustments and see what the deal is on my next log.

Gulf, glad i'm not the only one...it's pretty nasty.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Hey 06MonteSS… I guess it’s my turn now. I ran a log today with the 91 DOD tune, driving in 3rd and completely stock right down to the air filter. If I understand this, I’m running way lean on WOT. Had 3 WOT runs, O2 is around .84 to .87, A/F 12.39 to 13.6, LTFT around 6.25 to 8.59 (most around 8.59), STFT is 0. Where should I start changing the slope or PE?

Not sure what to look for during the steady driving... or even if I need to. The only thing steady about it is the A/F at 14.75 everything else is all over the board.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

pgbSS - send me your log... webadmin at eprowebdesigns.com

Buff... I want to see that log...

Gulf... yes again - LOL - send me a log...

if you guys are that black with soot on your tips, then you're too rich - so the numbers I based my adjustment recommendations on must not have been good start with.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT RUNNING WITH DOD STILL ENABLED. Either drive and log in 3, or just install the No DOD tune before you do any logs...

As I mentioned to BuffaloSS before, my settings are at -6% injector slope and +4% in both PE ranges, and I have no black soot whatsoever, and the car runs like a raped ape.

So, either you're still running with DOD enabled, or you didn't give your slope settings enough time to adjust the ltft's between logs.

Again, as I mentioned to Buffalo, whenever I make changes to the injector slope, I drive my normal commute for 2-3 days before I do another log, so things get settled into their groove.

you need to give your cars time to learn the new trim settings before doing more logs... making an injector slope change and then logging right away isn't going to give you correct/accurate info, since the trims now need to be relearned by the computer and settle in. You need to have driven the car for at least a couple hours (or about 100 miles) before doing another log after making adjustments...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-22-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

YEah...that's likely my problem (amongst other things). Since friday, i've logged 5-6 times and made adjustments too soon. I'm going to install the non-DoD tune today, bump the Slope and PE to your settings, fill'er up and then drive it for a day or two. I'll log again after that and see what needs to happen from there.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

With that 91 octane with DoD tune the engine was knocking like crazy on start up. I know with the factory tune would knock alot when it was really cold but this was when it was near 50 degrees. I don't know if anyone else has noticed that.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jabronie78
With that 91 octane with DoD tune the engine was knocking like crazy on start up. I know with the factory tune would knock alot when it was really cold but this was when it was near 50 degrees. I don't know if anyone else has noticed that.
I very much doubt you are hearing knock at start up. Piston slap or a couple of loose exhaust manifold bolts is much more likely. If you are getting knock at idle (audible at that!), you need to have the car flat-bedded into the dealer right away, that points to a severe problem that needs to be fixed right now!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS

Gulf... yes again - LOL - send me a log...
Hey 06 Monte;
I would, but one problem. Sort of need to have the car to be able to do that. She's in the shop right now with a major owee! Been there for 3 days now. But believe me, we'll get you a log as soon as possible.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

aaaah, ok.... didn't know that Gulf.... I'll keep an eye out for it and get back to ya with the results...

Quick Reply: 07 impala SS with dioblo sport?