LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Just got the Predator Tune!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yes, if ltft's are positive, that means you're lean and it's adding that much fuel.

yes, making slope negative tells the ecm that the injectors are smaller and to spray more fuel to compensate for the lean condition (positive ltft's)

as far as your tips getting soot like that, I don't know man... maybe there's something funky going on with your engine and is why you get poor mileage too?? After I wash my car and tips, I can go weeks before they show signs of a slight film on them... even then, it's a light/slight brownish tint, not black soot like that... I don't get it...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-03-2007, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to go back to stock for a while and see what happens. This time i mean it LOL. Gonna run it for a week or a coupla tankfuls (prolly less than a week :eyes) and then see what the log says. If i'm still running real lean, i'll put the OEM intake back in and then log it again.

If in two weeks, running stock, i'm still real lean, i should probably see the doctor, right? What do i say? "I've run some logs and it's showing that i'm running very lean"?

I CAN say that before the predator tune, i didn't have this problem.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Could it be a bad gasoline?

How about changing the brand of gasoline??

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Here's the deal: I drove LESS THAN 1 MILE and parked. I came back out to the car and the left tip is full of soot again (worse than the pic above)...the right is as well, just not as bad as the left. I'll post more pics later to show you how bad it is with these settings, and it will only have been driven a total of 6 miles by that time this evening. I don't know what's happening here. If others aren't this bad, what could be causing this to happen in the first place. It can't be good for the cat, all this crap shooting through it.

Here are the tips before i wiped them this afternoon. This is from the Diablo tune before any adjustments...2 days since last cleaning:

Here are the tips after wiping them out (notice how bad they are after wiping them out from the contant barrage of enrichened exhaust):

Old 05-03-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My tips look like that all the time and all i have is exhaust
Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

I don't rely on any one brand. I kinda grab gas wherever i happen to be when i need it. However, i rarely get "premium" gas like Mobil, Sunoco or the other big names. Not for any particular reason.

I just got back from the exhaust shop...had it all welded up and had the TBSS tips installed. They said the reason why the left is so much worse than the right is b/c of the way the flow comes into the "y"...coming from the passenger side to the driver side...so it "wants" to go that way anyway. Makes sense.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Just wanted to add that the LS1tech crew set up a Group Purchase on 10 of the Diablo Predator tuners, any part number, for $315 shipped if anyone is interested. Not yet sure if it includes the PC kit, but will know shortly.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-group-purchases/714906-diablo-sport-predators.html