LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

EBC Brake Disc / Drilled slotted rotors.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default EBC Brake Disc / Drilled slotted rotors.

Has anyone tryed these rotors out on any new MC

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/bi...e+Carlo+Rotors
Old 06-08-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry there not drilled its "dimpled and slotted"
Old 06-19-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok does anyone have any other kind of drilled/dimpled/slotted rotters on there monte SS ?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the "Edit" button...it works wonders...unless you're trying to inflate your post count or something.

Also, i don't believe anyone here has tried these on THEIR Monte or Imp, but i know for the Impala R1Concepts makes a drilled/slotted rotor.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is really the first forum i've posted on. But i was aware of a edit button but was not aware that was the path i should have taken. Next time instead of being a jackass maybe just say PS try the edit button. Instead of accusing me of something. I've seen alot of your post and you put your nose in alot of peoples biz
Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sint3k
This is really the first forum i've posted on. But i was aware of a edit button but was not aware that was the path i should have taken. Next time instead of being a jackass maybe just say PS try the edit button. Instead of accusing me of something. I've seen alot of your post and you put your nose in alot of peoples biz

Wait, you try and advise him how not to be a "jackass" then turn around and act like an even bigger JACKASS by telling him he puts his nose in everyone's business???

Uh, HELLO!!! This is a freakin' car forum. We're all in each other's business, that's why we're here, to help each other out. And FYI, if you expect anyone here to help YOU out, I'd drop the drama and listen to the advice of someone who has almost 35 times more posts than you and who this isn't the first forum they've posted on.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sint3k

The only advice I'm going to give is try not to be so sensitive. Edit is best when your post is the last. Makes reading through the topic much easier.

When I read Chris’s (BuffaloSS) comment I didn't take it so negative. Seemed to me he was wondering out loud why you didn’t use the feature. I may not agree entirely with Corny40’s assertion that sound advice is directly related to the post count however, Chris has always shared what he knows and never offered less than accurate advice in order to make himself appear something that he’s not.

Getting back on topic, I’ve tried cross drilled on my Z and had wonderful results compared to solid rotors. Although I’m happy with the Imps brakes, when it comes time to do pads, I’ll find a set of cross drilled to put on.

Good luck with your questions.

Last edited by live2ride; 06-20-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

What are the best type of brake pads to use ceramic?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think the OEM pads are a kevlar type pad which correct me if i'm wrong is considered a organic pad. Ceramic from what i can tell does have a higher heat tolerance also resonates at a diffrent frequency reducing possible noise. But as for actually improving braking i don't think so. Semi-metallic pads increase braking but i beleive they cause alot more wear on the rotors.