LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

MCSS: Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCSS: Fog Lights

Hi guys, I've been lurking around here for a while. Bought a 2007 MCSS in the spring. A few minor problems, but nothing major. Who would have thought it would take a dealer four visits to install window deflectors properly.

Anyway, so I got some colision repair work done, no biggy, just a scratch on the front bumper facia. The job entails removing the front bumper facia, fog lights, and lower trim pieces. Refinishing the facia and reinstalling.

So after the repair I'm driving down the road and notice my fog lights are aimed lower that I thought they were before. So I break open my service manual and have a look. Turns out there is a small hole at the top of the fog light that you can put an alan key through to adjust the aiming of the lights. Turn it clockwise to aim the lights lower, and counter clockwise up.

It appears the shop had full tightened the aiming screw, therefore pointing the lights lower then they should be. So I losened the screw to aim the lights up.

Now here's the question, when the fog lights are aimed higher, the aiming screw is loosened more, pushing the top of the light out. Now this aiming screw should be captivated some how to prevent the light from bouncing around along the length of the loosened screw. On one of my lights this appears to be true, on the other the light, it just flops around within the length of the losened screw. So here's my question for anyone that's played with the fog light mounting, when the aiming screw is loosened does the fog light move loosly around, or is it firmly held in place? I am thinking chances are that the shop broken the captivating machanism in the light.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you could put a shim or some sort of goop (technical term) on the screw?