LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Buying a new 2006 Monte SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I qualified for the GM employee pricing as well (got a buddy pretty high up the food chain with them), but the dealer knocked off more than a few hundred off the price that came up with my auth number once he saw my face make the 'screw this, I am looking at a less optioned up vehicle someplace else' look.

It is not hard to get a better deal than employee pricing and, no, it was not supplier pricing either, but true employee pricing and we did not use my number, came out cheaper for me to just go on my own.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Hey no hard feelings man...No employee discounts just blessed I guess?

But anyway, the car is fully loaded with white/silverstone metallic paint and it stickered for $30k and change, but the dealership has some price adjustment (same thing they do on the corvette) that brought the car near $32k. The adjustment thing is kinda a ploy since some people pay the markup if they don't inquire about it....for example I saw an '08 Z06 for $77k the yesterday, and it had the same markup bringing the car to $90k. Lame if you ask me....but I digress.

After the initial contact with the sales rep, the car was put on sale for ~$29,170K. The Chevrolet dealer near me is not very high volume in cars, since most people are buying Benz, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Cadillac. You could say I live in a ritzy neighborhood (I'm not flaunting it), and honestly, people scoff at Chevy's. Its like a primitive automobile to them. The dealership makes their money on work trucks and SUV's....and apparently they had no bites on the monte and it sat for a long time. I know people at the dealership (the owning family's son is a head coach at my school) so I was "taken care of." They really wanted to make a deal, little did they know that a monte would be so hard to find now.

I was able to talk the car down to $23k and change since it was an '06 that sat for a long time, and I was paying cash, not leasing the car. So call bullcrap if you want....but I thank the Lord and count my blessings getting a great deal.
If you honestly paid that, You got that car for less then the dealer paid for it by a few grand. The dealer would have paid about 25K for that car. There is not a whole hell of alot of mark up on them. Mabey you should spread the word about this dealership that likes to just loose money. Ive seen them sell them for what they own them for, but 23K is well under what they paid for it.

Regardless, im sorry but I still do not believe you as I see the hard numbers everyday. But hey, if im wrong, i do appologise.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Sorry for being the dick........

If you want to sit here and say im full of ****, please post your VIN number and Ill pull your factory invoice and post it for everyone to see with the discounted employee numbers on it.
I mean really...you're 1st post and you're calling people on BS? You might wanna have a more graceful entrance.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
I mean really...you're 1st post and you're calling people on BS? You might wanna have a more graceful entrance.
Im sorry my postcount bothers you but I call it like I see it. I look over this board all the time but have never really had anything of use to say before but considering someone was looking to buy one of these and I saw a BS dollar amount that there is no way in hell it sold for I actually just registered to comment on it.

So if you dont like it, dont read it. Im not here to make people like you happy that feel that because im "newbie" i have no oppinion.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about you but i'm just happy someone got a good deal on the car. I think we can all judge for our selves if we believe the guy or not and don't need a newb to the forum to start calling one of our friends a liar.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

If you honestly paid that, You got that car for less then the dealer paid for it by a few grand. The dealer would have paid about 25K for that car. There is not a whole hell of alot of mark up on them. Mabey you should spread the word about this dealership that likes to just loose money. Ive seen them sell them for what they own them for, but 23K is well under what they paid for it.

Regardless, im sorry but I still do not believe you as I see the hard numbers everyday. But hey, if im wrong, i do appologise.
The markup was about 2 grand...but like I said, no hard feelings. I don't know if the dealer "likes to loose money," but I was treated nicely and taken care of. If you choose to doubt me, then in your heart you have doubt that I cannot change.

Im sorry my postcount bothers you but I call it like I see it. I look over this board all the time but have never really had anything of use to say before but considering someone was looking to buy one of these and I saw a BS dollar amount that there is no way in hell it sold for I actually just registered to comment on it.

So if you dont like it, dont read it. Im not here to make people like you happy that feel that because im "newbie" i have no oppinion.
I was going to speak to this after your first post, but I choose not the pick the usual "berate the guy with the low post count" argument. With that being said....there are ways to make better first impressions.

I lurked on this board for around 1+ year before I registered and started to post in this section. I looked up to certain members like Badd, Area, Kaz, Buff, Lew, Corny and Richie, because they knew their stuff. I'm not going to call myself a pro or a veteran, but I know quite a bit about these cars and am an active user with some posts who tries to help the community. I don't demand respect because I don't deserve anything from you; just remember to voice your opinion subtly, and if others disagree, move on.

You are entitled to an opinion here, like you said, but others can agree to disagree. Not everyone likes each other's opinion, you know how the saying goes.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Very well said Nacho.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You're a class act Nacho...

Very well put...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-13-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

It just doesn't matter...of all the things that could be useful to say....its that? Who cares? Why would someone lie about that? It's just not worth calling someone a liar over something like the price they paid for their car. heh

And as far as the post count...well imagine hanging out with a buncha car buddies when all of the sudden some random drunk guy comes outta nowhere calling your friend a liar....it's just a noobish thing to do. But seriously, I really just wanted to have a reason to use that noob smiley thing...come on its funny!

I'm no vet here myself...but for real man. We're a pretty chill buncha dudes and petty "BS" talk is useless. Is it going to change your life if someone got a better deal on their car than you did? Find a better deal next time.

Anyways...I'm done here. No hard feelings...just pick your battles. =)

Last edited by hexxLS4; 08-13-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:57 PM

I bought mine brand new (12 miles) in December 2005, Black Monte SS, fully loaded (leather, Bose, side airbags, etc, etc, etc), for $27K & change. This was after a Red Tag sale discount. The dealer wasn't very happy about the red tag sale discount, and they didn't really make much money on my purchase, but I ordered mine in August 2005. If you find one that is truly fully-loaded, land it. I was surprised how many of these shipped without side airbags, leather, or the full bose systems.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Teching In

I picked up my 2006 imp. ss in Feb. as a demo with 6000 miles. Fully loaded with leather, xm, side air bags, and bose for 22,500(sticker was almost 32,000). I also have gm discount and living in MI cars seem to be considerably cheaper. I wouldn't pay more than 21,000 for yours.