LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

impala ss vs charger r/t

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

provider of useless info and unnecessary slander/defamation/rudeness....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
I guess this is type of guy that people think of when they say they drive a Camaro. Muscle-bound, I'm better than you, your stuff sucks, look at me King of the Road attitude. Put it back in your pants and leave.
Now I take offense to your Camaro driver comment Nacho!!! LMAO

(Had the Z out this weekend, run away if they pick a fight, it's a beast)
Old 08-29-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nickate
Saturday at the dealer and didn't even bother driving it. THE INTERIOR IS pure Cavalier (base model). I notice you did not DISAGREE with any of my statements you just jumped to the WRONG CONCLUSION I owned a Neon! Actually I have a 2000 Z-28 and wanted to see what all the hubub was about with the LS4. My ergos in the Camaro SUCK TOO so I hoped they'd improved with the Imp. Nope.

Please remove your chip and kindly STICK IT UP YOUR chocolate whizzway. Nice to know it bothered you though!

Wanna race my Camaro? I'll Drive backwards to keep it fair.

J/K Haha.

Oh yeah--- It might beat a Hemi BUT IT WON'T BEAT A NEON!
This is why we need moderation. But just to rebuttal...last time I checked, the LS4 interiors are much nicer than both a 2000 camaro AND a neon. I do agree our interiors could be better...I especially hate the plastic doors....but really you're comparing with a dated camaro and a neon interior...lol.

I've walked a neon...before mods. Neons are def good bang for your buck cars speedwise...and there are some factory freaks running good 13's....but...it's still a girls car at the end of the day...
Old 08-29-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

OR DID YOU MEAN CAPIToLS (like in letters)

DuMbASS!
Umm, what's he talking about? Capital is to letters as Capitol is to city. Moron. Anyways, while there could be some upgrades to this interior, all in all it's probably one of the nicer interiors in a Chevy car in a long time. Definately better than the Camaro or the Neon. He probably doesn't even own a Camaro. He's probably some 15 year old kid with no car that has nothing better to do then come on here and talk nonsense. Silly kids. Mom needs to make the parental controls on his computer a little stronger.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 20SS07
Umm, what's he talking about? Capital is to letters as Capitol is to city. Moron. Anyways, while there could be some upgrades to this interior, all in all it's probably one of the nicer interiors in a Chevy car in a long time. Definately better than the Camaro or the Neon. He probably doesn't even own a Camaro. He's probably some 15 year old kid with no car that has nothing better to do then come on here and talk nonsense. Silly kids. Mom needs to make the parental controls on his computer a little stronger.
Just to let everyone know....

Buts its ok, these guy will clean it up.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

By the time you add all the options that come standard on the Grand Prix GXP to the Charger R/T You have a $36,000 car. Get the GXP and spend less than half the price diff. on mods and you'll spank any new era Charger dodge has to offer including the SRT8 and do it for less money than those poor guys spent.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like stuff. . . .
Old 08-29-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I too like stuff.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mikeroot2
By the time you add all the options that come standard on the Grand Prix GXP to the Charger R/T You have a $36,000 car. Get the GXP and spend less than half the price diff. on mods and you'll spank any new era Charger dodge has to offer including the SRT8 and do it for less money than those poor guys spent.
True...but one thing you don't get is...RWD...and that's a beautiful thing! G8 needs to hurry up!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Default Boy... you sure are a tender bunch...

BIG hug. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

BIG hug. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.
It's cool. The w-body crowd does tend to be on the defensive side...and with good reason no doubt. But overall, they are great cars...and even better sleepers.

But on the real, the interior IS better than a 2000 camaro or neon. Def needs work though. I'm hoping the G8 will solve all my problems....even if it isn't a monte. =P
Old 08-30-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by eddiemoney
I like stuff. . . .

I like her stuff ...

Old 08-30-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

The MCSS has a way better interior than the Imp, ergo wise. The '06 MCSS and ImpSS do not share the same interior. As we covered in a previous thread, the seats and console are different, IP may be the same, but dash is not.

Just drove a Imp when the MCSS went in for a new TPMS system (damn good remote range - WOW!), thought I was going to slide out of the seat everytime I turned a corner.

MCSS interior is by far more comfortable than the Camaro's, the LED backlighting is killer on the MCSS, makes the Camaro's look very dim.

And yes, you are comparing an '06 to a '98 design, which is a compliment to the Camaro since it's 8 years older. From what I see, the Z28SS was built for one thing, to be a street legal race car, no excuses made.

Ride quality - MCSS; ergo - MCSS; snow traction - MCSS; acceleration - Z28SS; top speed - Z28SS; from a dig (any where / any speed) - Z28SS; high speed cornering - Z28SS; braking confidence - Z28SS; female attention - Z28SS; Police attention - Z28SS

You want to see a damn nice interior, sit in a C6 Vette with the M6 and the telescoping steering column. Combine into the Z06, end of discussion.

This is again why I feel the MCSS makes a great daily driver, I feel it will do 75 - 80% of what the Z28SS will do, and can be driven 365.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

MCSS truly have the nicest chevy interior for a car under 40k...great DD's.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
True...but one thing you don't get is...RWD...and that's a beautiful thing! G8 needs to hurry up!
OK so by a GTO. Still about 8 grand cheaper and will stomp the charger, and do it with rear wheel drive.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mikeroot2
OK so by a GTO. Still about 8 grand cheaper and will stomp the charger, and do it with rear wheel drive.
I've considered that...but I can't get over the looks...not a huge fan. Plus I heard the rear seats don't fold down. I need the flexibility in cargo space.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
I've considered that...but I can't get over the looks...not a huge fan. Plus I heard the rear seats don't fold down. I need the flexibility in cargo space.
I have to agree with you on that one, I like the looks of the MC or Impy over the GTO. I think the have alot meaner look coming at you...
Old 08-30-2007, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

I had a GTO http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/OurGoata.jpg. Until wife totalled. You are right seats don't fold down and trunk is TINY.
But who needs a meaner look coming at you when you can intimidate the hell out of them blowing by them from behind, or killing them off the line. I had straight pipes installed with tips and removed the mufflers, and let me tell you the sound of that LS2 breathing was enough to scare most right out of racing. Im still mourning the loss of our dead Goat. But now I've gotten completely off topic.

Last edited by mikeroot2; 08-30-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Cool, I had a GTO that got totalled too! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=accident.jpg

Great performer and the quality was top-notch, but some people actually mistook it for a Civic! I bought the T/A to replace it when it got totalled but it is a much cruder and less comfortable car. Too bad I can't have the interior from a GTO in my T/A.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Is there a story to this pic???

Quick Reply: impala ss vs charger r/t