LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

impala ss vs charger r/t

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I feel your pain SSWS6. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...hofaGTO005.jpg. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...hofaGTO004.jpg. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...hofaGTO003.jpg.
Story for these pics. Raining like a bitch at night, wife driving with oldest son(9yrs). Me and youngest in truck in front of them. She hydroplaned, lost it, went into the ditch, rolled and hit a tree with the roof. Then flipped upside down in a flooded yard, wher with help I had to rip the door open to get them out. Scary as hell. Car died, they lived. I'll take that trade any day. glad to see you walked away from yours. Would have gotten another but wife and son were too scared to ride in one.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:30 AM
12 Second Club

I was next to a Charger SRT8 a couple of days ago at a light and it sounded insane! I can't even describe it! I'd take one over my GXP in a heartbeat! Can we say... collector car?
I'm willing to give Dodge props for making rear wheel drive cars and V8's. IMHO, the SRT team is doing a great job at perfecting every car and truck performance wise. Also they keep a Dodge in a Dodge on like GM. I've got a Chevy powered Pontiac for Christs sake!
I don't see how we can beat a bone stock Charger unless we get lucky. They are a little bit heavier, but they have much more power plus a bigger engine. My GXP is much more luxurious though and I'm sure it handles better too.
Give the Charger a break, I'm sure with some gears, sticky tires and some rear suspension mods they'll kick the living **** out of us without bad luck!
No! I am not a Dodge fan. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective. I bought my GXP for various reasons, and I love this car but lets not over rate it and give it a bad name . Most of you guy's who drive these cars can't even crack a 14.5 with mods. So if I was you, I'd be careful.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take a Charger SRT-8 over any of the LS4's and twice on sunday. The only downfall is the cost. I have to give Dodge props on the design and power they put in the SRT-8.

Im still a Chevy and Monte guy at heart, but the past few days I have not been feeling too good about my 07 Monte SS. Honestly, I have been thinking about getting a GTO, G8 when it comes out or just hold on to the Monte untill the Camaro SS is here.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Well as long as everyone walked away thats what counts. Mine happenned because after only having the car for about a month I thought I knew it, so I tried to show off on a narrow street and ended up wrapped around a pole. And believe it or not I had a passenger, and he is doing ok but did suffer a minor concusion.

Originally Posted by mikeroot2
Damn, I feel your pain SSWS6. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...hofaGTO005.jpg. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...hofaGTO004.jpg. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...hofaGTO003.jpg.
Story for these pics. Raining like a bitch at night, wife driving with oldest son(9yrs). Me and youngest in truck in front of them. She hydroplaned, lost it, went into the ditch, rolled and hit a tree with the roof. Then flipped upside down in a flooded yard, wher with help I had to rip the door open to get them out. Scary as hell. Car died, they lived. I'll take that trade any day. glad to see you walked away from yours. Would have gotten another but wife and son were too scared to ride in one.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

if i had my monte in front of me or an srt 8 or even a daytona edition charger in front of me, i would take the charger. i like how they look.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The SRT8s are killer. Ever been in the SRT 300. . .those are nice. The thing that did it for me is the winters we have around here. It is my only car it and RWD just isn't going to cut it for me.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

The SRT's are good choices for family guys who want fast cars, not collector cars because Dodge followed GM and gave them 4 doors.

They always remind me of the 70's 4-door Novas and Chevelles. Who sees one for sale, pulls over and checks it out? Most will end up in a demolition derby around here in the next 15-20 years.

Tried jumping on one with the 'camaro yesterday, he wanted nothing to do w/ me.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
The SRT's are good choices for family guys who want fast cars, not collector cars because Dodge followed GM and gave them 4 doors.

They always remind me of the 70's 4-door Novas and Chevelles. Who sees one for sale, pulls over and checks it out? Most will end up in a demolition derby around here in the next 15-20 years.

Tried jumping on one with the 'camaro yesterday, he wanted nothing to do w/ me.
four doors.....
Old 09-02-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ImpalaSS07
I have to agree with you on that one, I like the looks of the MC or Impy over the GTO. I think the have alot meaner look coming at you...
The Impy Mean looking? Maybe because when you see it in the rear veiw or coming at you it looks like a cop car? and the only MC that looks mean has a large number on the roof and runs in the nextel cup. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ragging on these cars. I have a GP GXP and there isn't a damn thing mean or intimidating about it either. That's exactly what I like about these cars and what I liked about the GTO. Everyone except fellow owners who know the subtle appearance differences think you're just another V6 car until you embarrass them. The Impala, Mote Carlo, and Grand Prix are all sweet cars that can be alot of fun, but none of them strike fear in the hearts of other V8's. that's our advantage. They never see it coming!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Taz34SS
Honestly, I have been thinking about getting a GTO, G8 when it comes out or just hold on to the Monte untill the Camaro SS is here.
Umm didn't you already have a GTO and sell it for the monte?? lol
Old 09-02-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikeroot2
The Impy Mean looking? Maybe because when you see it in the rear veiw or coming at you it looks like a cop car? and the only MC that looks mean has a large number on the roof and runs in the nextel cup. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ragging on these cars. I have a GP GXP and there isn't a damn thing mean or intimidating about it either. That's exactly what I like about these cars and what I liked about the GTO. Everyone except fellow owners who know the subtle appearance differences think you're just another V6 car until you embarrass them. The Impala, Mote Carlo, and Grand Prix are all sweet cars that can be alot of fun, but none of them strike fear in the hearts of other V8's. that's our advantage. They never see it coming!
Yeah - no one knows there is a V8 in my car, I get EVERYONE want to race the car at every light and 2 lanes into one merging.

Nice thing is the police don't bother it either. Stealth is nice.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah - no one knows there is a V8 in my car, I get EVERYONE want to race the car at every light and 2 lanes into one merging.

Stealth is nice, but it's negated when you have 3" exhaust into Kooks bullets lol.

Everyone thinks I am a V6 until I their ears bear witness...Just the other day a guy in a Porsche came flying up to a light behind me, then changed lines before the light went green. He was sitting there bouncing the engine of the limiter, and I took off, and his face went from happy to utter surprise (hearing the V8) and didn't break 3k RPMs behind me for about 2 miles....lol
Old 09-03-2007, 03:49 AM
Staging Lane

Stock vs stock, you'll take a r/t charger with the ease. My first time at the track I was running .4 faster than a daytona charger r/t that was there. He had about 15,000 miles on his car and I had less than 3,000 on mine! But like I said before all the tracks in my area are 1/8 mile tracks! I got a guy right now that wanna run me on the streets for $500 in a stock 05 or 06 charger srt-8! I know I don't have the horse power he has but I ain't go let him punk me! I'm from the country and we run 3 telegram poles on the streets, 4 if you count the starting line! I figure if I get him out the gate he'll catch me but not before I get to the 4th pole! I'll post the outcome!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Yep, I have one favorite light where 2 lanes merge into 1 that this works EVERY time. I just pull up in the right lane, hang back about half a car lenght & act like I'm not even paying attention. As soon as the light changes I hammer it and leave em in the dust before they even react. I love suckers.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
Umm didn't you already have a GTO and sell it for the monte?? lol
Yeah I did, but something about not having a Chevy brought me to let it go. Just cant leave the Monte Carlo family.... Hell I have had 3 of them over the past 6 years. 02, 04 and now the 07.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Taz34SS
Yeah I did, but something about not having a Chevy brought me to let it go. Just cant leave the Monte Carlo family.... Hell I have had 3 of them over the past 6 years. 02, 04 and now the 07.
Well If I were you'd, I'd hold out for the G8...thats what I'm doing. =P
Old 09-03-2007, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

I'll let you guys buy the first year G8s and be guinee pigs to work out all the kinks if you don't mind. Then I'll get a new one in a couple years.

Quick Reply: impala ss vs charger r/t