LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Shifting technique for Diablosport users

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

compg will that shift kit work with the 07 impy ss?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:36 PM
12 Second Club

That shift kit will work on any 4T65E, both non HD and HD. For the price you can't beat them. I will say don't go all the way with them on a DD or damage could happen. Case in point on a stock tranny with the shift kit set to firmest level if your running with DR's or slicks you have a good chance of breaking something on the 1-2 shift like an Input shaft. Trust me I know. But if you go with one of the more mild settings like the company recommends and your not running on DR's or slicks then you will love the feel of the shift kit. Not to metion it actually helps save your clutches because of faster shift = less slipping causing less heat on the clutches.
Tate
Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 07WhiteSS
um ok, "running"=Race. For the slow people
Easy Killer!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Ok a little harsh but your reply to my first post was kind of out there. I find it hard to believe you didn't understand what I meant. Therefore the comment for the slow people would be pretty accurate.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

I wasn't gonna reply...being that I DID get what you meant, but was just clarifying. Too much drama in here to give two ***** about another smart *** reply. Another day in the forums!

People in here have mentioned leaving their car in 3rd during NORMAL driving to keep their car from going into DOD mode...so....you never know. Maybe it was a little too obvious...but I'm a post *****.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

I only use "D" on the highway Just can't stand the sound of the flowmaster in dod mode the stock mufflers have some kind of flap door inside which keeps dod transition silent but I love the sound of the flowmasters at WOT
Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

I use cruise control religiously and when my car is cruising at a steady pace, I can hardly hear the exhaust...especially if I have music at a low volume. I have flowmasters and no resonator. I'm considering putting the resonator back on and installing a cut out right after the headers.

Quick Reply: Shifting technique for Diablosport users