LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Fun Game! My Service Visit - Estimate how long I'll be without her!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHOA!!!! Not so fassssst! Who was i kidding? Nothing could possibly go 100% right, right?

I get there and my uncle asks if i had trouble with my keyless. I said, yeah, it has no range. He tells me that it no-workie at all. He thinks that they fried the BCM by jump starting the car too many times in a short overall period...b/c as they worked on the car the old battery kept dyin'. Now, i have no keyless at all, no driver lock/unlock, no passenger and rear unlock, no power seat and NO TRUNK!!!!! There may be more, but so far that's the deal. Opening the door with a key in the rain sucks ***!

Someone was just asking about how to get into the trunk if you fry the solenoid or something? Thanks for bringing that up...b/c now i know what it feels like. The wife is going to be extremely happy about that come "Black Friday" when she's crawling into the trunk to get all of her bags out through the fold down rear seats.

I may try to get out there on Friday and let my uncle have a crack at diagnosing the problem...i can't really deal with this for very long. I didn't realize how much of a PITA it would be to reach the rear door locks w/o power assistance. Go'head....try it! Fun, eh?

But on the bright side...there is no more clunk from the rear end, no more CEL and a good, strong battery.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Remind me never to go buy lotto tickets with you. I do hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving anyway.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Buff, trunk button on the dash should still work
Old 11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

No, I think that's what he was saying. If the solenoid doesn't work, the trunk won't "pop".
Old 11-22-2007, 03:56 AM
On The Tree

yeah i got my battery replaced a little bit ago... and im taking my baby in for the iss on friday..

well see if that fixes it.. if not then shes gunna go back!
Old 11-22-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by eddiemoney
Buff, trunk button on the dash should still work
Ummmm....nope! I thought of that. No keyfob action, no unlock action from the doors, no trunk button, no drivers power seat (did not try passenger side).
Old 11-22-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That definately blows. . .
Old 11-24-2007, 09:35 AM

First Buffalo SS where exactly are you located as I grew up in Buffalo until I was 19,Now I'm in Nashville TN,A little warmer here,Parents are still in Grand Island.Next up,I just took My 06 Imp in for TPMS light freakout,Next thing I know they are requesting to keep my car for some antenna,Key fob,Transmitter issue.Whatever,They give us a loaner.We get the car back,Now the freakin' radio only hits AM1,FM1,CD-AUX.Seems we lost XM and some other options,Well it takes these guys a week to get a radio?Well whatever we had a loaner.No more issues yet but damn,How long does it take to figure out what seems to be a common problem,Especially when they have access to all the info!Good Luck with yours!
Old 11-24-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

I'm right downtown...West Side.

Not sure what they could have done with your XM...but yeah, the TPMS error is very common.

On my issues...got a new CEL now...p0449 EVAP circuit intermittent or something...guess they didn't get something right. Heading back mid-week to get the glass replaced and have the other things finished. Can i just reiterate that living w/o power locks and seat is a big PITA!
Old 11-29-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

UPDATE:

Dropped the car off Tuesday evening to have the new/remaining issues addressed. The BCM was not fried, but needed a reprogramming and all related electrical issues are fixed, according the the SvceMgr. He didn't mention the new CEL, but i'm guessing that was addressed as well. The squeaky/clunky steering was, indeed, the steering gear...so the rack is on order. They replaced the pulleys and the engine whine is gone.

All in all, they've been able to pinpoint and fix everything 'cept the creak when shifting into/out of park...mainly b/c it's been so damp here, which makes those creaks less frequent. The windows & seals will be replaced when i take it in for the rack...and then it's time to get her re-tinted.

All in all, i'm very pleased with the new dealer...glad i took it out there...it was worth the 50mi round trip(s).
Old 11-29-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just dropped off mine at the dealer tonight, couple of basic things, and then to get my drivers side door checked, its leaking water in, and my creaking noise from the rear.

Quick Reply: Fun Game! My Service Visit - Estimate how long I'll be without her!