LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New Problem / eletrical "Heater/AC/Heated Seats/Temp gauge"

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Problem / eletrical "Heater/AC/Heated Seats/Temp gauge"

Well today I've had a new problem. I remote started the Monte Carlo and entered the vehicle and i began driving... I noticed it was suppose to be warmer and i saw one of those bank signs that shows the temp. So naturally i looked down at my dash to see how far the temps where apart. I look and i see a --- in place of the temperature so i just think "Crap" sensor went out. So i keep driving and my wife said "I'm cold can you turn the heater on" So i go to turn my heater on and turn the blower all the way to high and no air comes out , then i notice theres no lights on the whole module part of the ac/heater thing. So i tryed to push the heated seats button to see if they would come on ... nothing no lights no air no ac light nothing. I pushed the heated seat button a few more times and then all the lights on it came on the blower started to blow and the temperature gauge started showing the temp. Anyone else had this problem or seen a TSB ???? I know i wont be able to take this in for repair until it either happens regularly or i can replicate it.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the first I've ever heard of that on any of the LS4 websites. Can't say much about duplication, I know how much of a pain that is with a dealer. You could alway check the connections on the back of the module.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I see some TSB's on Heated seats not functioning but i don't know if that applys.....
Old 01-05-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check all connections from the cables inside the ac/heater dash. Also, check your battery connection aswell. I had alot of problems sim to yours and it turns out my neg battery cable was bad and kept coming off the post causing the TCM/ECM/BCM not to get the correct comm between the 3.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Not sure if it is same problem, but i had to have the module for the door locks and remote start replaced a few months back, but now i am starting realize that the range to lock or unlock and start the car from out side is getting worse, and also the left rear tire light always comes on but the tire has the right amount of air. Now just today when i start the car with remote start the air bag lights stay on , the seat belt does not chime, and the passenger air bag light up on the overhead displays both words on and off. So i am confused maybe it is going bad again. Anybody have any idea?? I tried to start a couple of different times and get the same result.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Junkie

That sucks, hope you get it figured out.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ffej06montess
Not sure if it is same problem, but i had to have the module for the door locks and remote start replaced a few months back, but now i am starting realize that the range to lock or unlock and start the car from out side is getting worse, and also the left rear tire light always comes on but the tire has the right amount of air. Now just today when i start the car with remote start the air bag lights stay on , the seat belt does not chime, and the passenger air bag light up on the overhead displays both words on and off. So i am confused maybe it is going bad again. Anybody have any idea?? I tried to start a couple of different times and get the same result.
Have you had battery issues at all? Have you had to jump start your car recently? When mine ran low or go dead, i would get the air bag error in the DIC.

It's possible that your battery is running low to the point where some of those systems cannot function at capacity. Go somewhere where you know you can get a jump if you need one, and turn the car to "accessory" and leave the blower and radio on for a while. Maybe even turn on the flashers. I couldn't get more than 5-10 min with that stuff on (just the flashers) without the battery going dead. The dealer saw this too and replaced the battery. Since then, the remotes seem to work a little better, and no more TPMS errors.

However, some of the other issues, like the seat belt display, baffles me. Possibly your BCM going bad...and again possibly related to the battery issue.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

The issues you describe are several diffrent common problems. The Airbag is a problem where the BCM needs to be reprogrammed. As for the tire monitoring system its the anettena not receiving the signal and needs a new updated one. I know because ive had them all
Old 01-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks I guess ill try the dealer again i guess it is possible for the antenna and the module to go bad again because these problems only happen when the car is started from the remote pad, if i turn it off and start with key instead the airbag light goes off and the passenger seatbelt works normal. I love the car but these little annoying problems frustrate me.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

again ? these problems have already been fixed previously ?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Teching In

Yes Because the remote start and door locks stoped working so i got new key pads and the new module and antenna. It was fixed back in september but now these new problems are starting.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going dodge next time :\

Challenger....
Old 01-10-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks I guess ill try the dealer again i guess it is possible for the antenna and the module to go bad again because these problems only happen when the car is started from the remote pad, if i turn it off and start with key instead the airbag light goes off and the passenger seatbelt works normal. I love the car but these little annoying problems frustrate me.
Look up a Topic I did on mine. They had to replace the reciever, sending unit, key fobs, etc. After they did that, it works great now.