LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Fiero GXP Swap!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Reo
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls4

Hello has any one deleted the dod with cam lifters and intake swap? Curious of the power performance difference?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NOOBS always bringing up old threads ,its better if you use a search or read the yellow stickys at the top of the LS4 performance page Not being a Dick or anything haha

Last edited by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT; 09-17-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackenedss87
Awesome times dood. Any plans for doing body work? You could put one of those lambo kits on your ride. It would make a great pair with the ls4 swap.
I have the murcielago body on my 87fiero with car tunings ls4 turbo kit. So far I broke a stock input shaft and replaced the input shaft with a 300m shaft and a 7/8" chain. It looks as though I've broken the 300m shaft with less than 10 miles on it. We will have to pull the tranny again to see what broke. This car with wide street tires and a 11" stretch gets good traction, so it's stressing the tranny pretty good. For what it's worth, I've never driven a car that even remotely compares to this one.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zzp or intense shaft? Kevin at cartuning mentioned your car and broken shaft. I just broke one two weeks ago.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Teching In

I got the shaft from Dave at tep. I haven't talked to Kevin yet but Joe said that he thinks it might have been a bad batch of shafts. Yours sure lasted a lot longer than mine. Maybe because I am rear wheel drive with better traction and weight transfer, which could stress things more. I sure would like to put the pedal down without worrying. I think that the 4t65 has the most potential for handling the power we're putting down. My ls4 is bone stock except for the turbo. I'm not using dod although I still have the dod cam and lifters.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Teching In

I don't have the transmission apart yet. I'm pretty sure that it's the intense shaft that has sheared though. I'm about to order a GM racing aermet 100 shaft that will allow tcc control. If you're interested, I'll find out if there is more than one available. I might have to machine the pump shaft to make this input shaft work. Once we get that part done, we'll see what stress does to the rest of the drivetrain. I do have bigger axles and bearings. I'm sure that my car being rear wheel drive will stress the drivetrain more under weight transfer more than yours. I don't break the tires loose at all, even loading then torque convertor to 3000 rpm at launch.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dratts
I don't have the transmission apart yet. I'm pretty sure that it's the intense shaft that has sheared though. I'm about to order a GM racing aermet 100 shaft that will allow tcc control. If you're interested, I'll find out if there is more than one available. I might have to machine the pump shaft to make this input shaft work. Once we get that part done, we'll see what stress does to the rest of the drivetrain. I do have bigger axles and bearings. I'm sure that my car being rear wheel drive will stress the drivetrain more under weight transfer more than yours. I don't break the tires loose at all, even loading then torque convertor to 3000 rpm at launch.
Let me know on the shaft, you can PM me. I looked into getting one of the GM racing units, but no one has any of the particular metal they are made of due to the government buying it all up. That's what I heard from John at Intense when I spoke to him around a week ago. So no-one has been able to make any. John did confirm they had a bad batch of shafts around a year or so ago. There was a GM 4t65e racing trans up for auction on ebay last week. It was used and they were asking $2600 for it. Might have been worth it for parts alone.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by supercatxr7
Zzp or intense shaft? Kevin at cartuning mentioned your car and broken shaft. I just broke one two weeks ago.
Originally Posted by supercatxr7
Let me know on the shaft, you can PM me. I looked into getting one of the GM racing units, but no one has any of the particular metal they are made of due to the government buying it all up. That's what I heard from John at Intense when I spoke to him around a week ago. So no-one has been able to make any. John did confirm they had a bad batch of shafts around a year or so ago. There was a GM 4t65e racing trans up for auction on ebay last week. It was used and they were asking $2600 for it. Might have been worth it for parts alone.
I talked to the guy on eBay with the GM Racing tranny. He will take less. Dave advised me to stay away from it with a street car. If I were building a dedicated drag car I would be all over it. It's back on eBay again.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Teching In

As a way to get back to the original thread, I gotta say sometimes I wish I was like your car and dogcreeks. Stock hp in these cars is way way past adequate, and they're gonna run forever. What sweet rides!

Quick Reply: Fiero GXP Swap!