LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

just got the eibach springs installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How hard was it to notch the bolt holes to do this? I can't afford to be running through tires like that.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Launching!

heres a link to the pics http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/j...on=tageditmany
Old 02-25-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSWS6
They should but a good alingment shop should be able to adjust the camber without you having to purchase a camber kit.
Sorry, but how do you figure? If there isn't an adjustment from the factory for camber, how do you expect anyone to be able to make adjustments without a kit? With a BFH? That's the whole point of a camber bolt kit. It gives you the ability to adjust where you didn't have the ability before.

Oh, if anyone's wondering, BFH = Big ******* Hammer.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Corny40
Sorry, but how do you figure? If there isn't an adjustment from the factory for camber, how do you expect anyone to be able to make adjustments without a kit? With a BFH? That's the whole point of a camber bolt kit. It gives you the ability to adjust where you didn't have the ability before.

Oh, if anyone's wondering, BFH = Big ******* Hammer.
I don't know enough about our suspension to explain it but IIRC a new hole is drilled to adjust the camber. I previously had a '99 Monte (also a W-body) and I lowered it. I then went to Big-O tires to get an alignment. The tech there said that I needed to purchase a camber kit at all four corners to be able to align it correctly. I then took it to a local shop who I know to be very honest and also does excellent work. The owner said he could adjust the camber without a camber kit and he explained how to me at the time (about 3 years ago). Since the Impala is also a W-body I'm assuming the same is true. I could be wrong though, but I will bet that in the end my car will be aligned without a camber kit. I will post details when everything is done. I'm hoping to get my springs installed today.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IMPALA SS 07
That link only sent me to MY page. For the rest of you, try this one:

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/turbosupra95/

EDIT:

I love the drop in the front...unsure of the back. Now I gotta find some money to buy dj's kit.

This appears stock:

Then lowered...?

FWIW, my car sits lower in the rear STOCK than yours does lowered...unless you only put the front in (too lazy to look back at your original posts). Your presumed stock photo looks like the rear was jacked UP from the factory...can't remember my car ever sitting that high back there. Gonna dig up a stock photo (from 2.5 years ago).

Old 02-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Launching!

yea thats what i was thinking too the rear sat like unusually high i thought and after i put the kit in i thought it would get rid of most of it but it didnt really and after driving with the springs for a few days the ride quality is horrible every bump u feel and i tried testing the springs out just before on my road cuz its got some nice windy corners and i took one at 40 and i felt the tires rubbing the wheel well so all in all i think it was a waste of almost 600$(kit+install) that i could have used on say a tune or the nitrous
Old 02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

WOW! Sorry to hear that. I guess I'll get the 20s installed before i decide to install this kit.

If the rear was lower, would you still feel it's a waste?
Old 02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Launching!

not at all lol cuz i wanted to get rid of the gap in the rear mostly but o well ill have something new installed in a few months or so and hopefully be tuned by summer
Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

Does look a little high in the rear. Give it a few weeks to settle.

Got mine installed today. Cost me $280 for install with a 4 wheel alignment. Overall I'm happy with the look so far and I personally like it just a bit higher in the back, but not too much. And if its too high for me in the back once they settle I will just throw some subs or weights or something in the trunk. Heres a pic below but it was kinda dark when I got home so I'll try to post better pics tomorrow.

Honestly, the car doesn't really look lower than stock in the picture, but it looks a lot better in person.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

The rear on mine looked just like yours when I first installed the Eibach's. Honestly, it took about 2 months for the rear to "settle". I can only assume it's because it's so light in the rear, as compared to the front.

Anywho, you'll be real happy as soon as they settle.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

ImpalaSS07, forgive me for asking this but are you sure they installed the rear springs? The only reason I'm asking is because in the 4th picture Buffalo posted the rear doesn't look any lower than stock. And mine definetly does look lower than stock in the rear, and I just installed mine yesterday. Everyone's car is different so hopefully its just like that and it will eventually settle, but the difference between the front and rear seems a little much. Also, my ride quality wasn't affected at all. And I haven't tried to take a turn at speed, but I don't feel the bumps any more than before.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

What was the total cost?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

My total cost or his? I paid $250 for springs + $280 for install with 4-wheel alignment.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

And where did you purchase them?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Ebay, but you can get them from Tirerack too.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Launching!

the rear seems to be settling now it looks a little lower now...i paid 220 from tirerack and 410 for install (**** midas)
Old 02-26-2008, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

FYI - I read at CGP that Eiback is discontinuing the GXP springs, so get'em if you want them...otherwise, look into the GTP's
Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM

I'm a little late to this thread. I'm also considering the Eibach ProKit, but not sure I want to spend the money. I was looking at the pics and I'm kinda curious. Are the front and rear springs identical? Looks might be but the compression may not be? If that is the case, is it possible they installed the rear on the front and vice versa? Main reason I ask is that in your first pics of the before and after the front looks like it lowered almoste 2 inches, and the kit is only advertised for about 1.3. Then your rear is almost higher than stock. With the weight's being different for the front and rear of the car, it's possible the springs are swapped.

My 2 cents for what little I know about suspension.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

Has anyone ever tried the Intrax springs, they are supposed to lower these cars 1.8 inches. I'm just curious how they are compared to Eibach.