LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Just installed some magnets Fuel,coolant,Air intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked with a guy 14 years ago who was testing this on the gas lines. He had some egg head friends who put it together for him. He had it on his Honda Accord for a couple of months and swore by it. I had and still have my doubts, but it would be nice if it really did change the structure of the gas in some way to make it burn more efficiently.

Good luck with it.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.fuelsaving.info/magnets.htm

I like driving like a granny thats the best way to save gas
Old 03-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

We'll I should know for sure after a couple of fill-ups my best mpg is 16.7mpg and I have 20k and it's never been more but has been less.I really don't think it is gonna due anything but we'll see.The link posted on the previous page had some explaination on how it worked but I still don't buy it but if economy gets much better I will take them off and see if gets worse again.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

True, gas is not magnetic but what the magnets do is not let the gas molocules cluster together so in theory it takes less gas to produce the same amount of power; which means better gas milage. This concept has been around longer than 20 years. Uh oh, I am showing my age. lol....

-Mike

P.S. Why can't we all just get along? I mean we DO own the same cars for god sake....

Last edited by Mgpeagle; 03-16-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
True, gas is not magnetic but what the magnets do is not let the gas molocules cluster together so in theory it takes less gas to produce the same amount of power; which means better gas milage. This concept has been around longer than 20 years. Uh oh, I am showing my age. lol....

-Mike

P.S. Why can't we all just get along? I mean we DO own the same cars for god sake....
Um let me tell you my personal theory... If this item really worked and is relatively cheap then why do car makers not put this on a Vehicle or why doesn't the gov use them on there vehicle you figured they would be the first ones sense everything today is all about fuel economy and what not. I mean GM spent countless years researching DOD something that only saves 6-8% in gas mileage. Now lets assume the reason dealers don't put this on vehicles because the gas saving is to small say 1% in gas mileage which is 10 miles per tank of gas depending.... So every time you fill up these magnets are saving you 60 cents. i mean seriously come on???
People tell me how you can honestly apply common sense and come to the conclusion that this **** actually works ?

Last edited by Sint3k; 03-16-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

Well I am on my second tank of fuel and have seen nothing not even a slight increase I sure am glad I did not pay for this. I think people claiming they work just drive easier after install changing there driving habits but I drove hard just like always they say it takes 3 fillups to notice but I think it is BS !
Old 03-17-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sint3k, I never said this worked; I was just explaining the theology behind it. I wouldn't pay $379.00 for this....

-Mike

Quick Reply: Just installed some magnets Fuel,coolant,Air intake