LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Just installed some magnets Fuel,coolant,Air intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed some magnets Fuel,coolant,Air intake

Just had some magnets installed today. I work at a dealership and are testing them for the GM many techs in the shop have installed them and swear by them claims of increased fuel economy & horsepower & lower carbon readings I am very skeptical. I have seen dyno and emission documentation but still have to test it myself the kit was installed on my impala today.The kit contains a coolant line mag. two fuel line mags four air tube mags.they are color coded and fairly strong they go on oposing each other I have seen the fuel line ones before a heard some crazy tales but never saw a kit like this it is a pattened product in which my dealership has a contact with the company that makes them not sure of the cost but again I am still a skeptic but I have seen two a techs turn customers. I will post my results two fillups from now I drive ***** to the wall mostly hwy a I am getting best mpg so far 16.7 actual and I am no talking DIC because that thing is a lie I see readings of 17 to 18 mpg on there.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What kind of magnets are you talking about?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

They are shaped kinda like a circle cut in halfs and fours they go around fuel line,airbox tube, and coolant in line ( ) the kit comes with pull ties to keep them forced into each other. The paperwork is in my car right now I have no energy to go out and get them I will take some pics tomorow and post them
Old 03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.wholly-water.com/MagFuel.htm

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7331336.html

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Alittle different but sam concept what do you think about them ?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

oops "SAME"
Old 03-11-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's an edit button for that, and, I'm not sure what to think. To be honest, it looks like a scam to me. But, like you, I'd have to try it myself before knocking on it.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

I guess only time will tell. I am there test and the fuel economy is what interested me they say the performance part comes from reduced friction in the air tube those magnets are the largest there are four and they go over the rippled part of the tube. I will get those pics. up soon
Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Scam.

Magnets attached to a fuel line can have no effect on mileage. Gasoline is not magnetic.

There's gotta be hundreds of similar discussions on the web somewhere.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it's more the magnets on both sides causing some kind of something!?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Semper91-RS
I think it's more the magnets on both sides causing some kind of something!?
Yeah, causing someone to hope they didn't waste actual cash buying worthless junk

Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

hey I feel the same way I told them to install them and I will log the results funny thing is I am the third test for them two of there A techs that said it was BS and now say they work check the patten link from 06montess above I don't know these guys have nothing to gain by flopping now and saying they work and they were willing to pay for them.The one guy has a 08 malibu 6cyl and claims to now get close to 500 miles to a tank of fuel.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

did I mention this kit cost me nothing ! I think so, if they don't work they will be coming off did'nt cost me a penny.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Um how is putting mag's on your fuel line going to increase fuel economy ? For starters "if it some how accelerated" the rate of fuel entering the engine or something to the effect it would be unwanted and cause the engine to run rich... i mean i'm not going to explain everything but dood common sense says thats garbage. Personally i feel dumber reading your post. Ask everyone here i'm not the one to critasize but come on why why why why.... People like you "no offense" are the kind of people i would like to look inside your brain just to understand how you could think something like this could work... anyways sorry im going back to my corner now
Old 03-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

If you were reading anything above you would know I agree I don.t think they are gonna work I am confused why you would try to insult me I question your brain capacity to obtain what you read cause I am on your side.

PS "DUDE" is how it's spelled not dood I see we have a rocket scientist here

Last edited by 07WhiteSS; 03-11-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07WhiteSS
hey I feel the same way I told them to install them and I will log the results funny thing is I am the third test for them two of there A techs that said it was BS and now say they work check the patten link from 06montess above I don't know these guys have nothing to gain by flopping now and saying they work and they were willing to pay for them.The one guy has a 08 malibu 6cyl and claims to now get close to 500 miles to a tank of fuel.
Good to hear you're skeptical.

So these techs, are these the guys that the stealership charges out at $60+/hour to work on our cars? You know, the ones who are supposed to understand how fuel injectors, oxygen sensors and ECM's work? Please say no!

BTW, I get 550 km (~340 miles) between fill-ups. 700km (~440 miles) if just highway. **edit (but I've been driving like a granny, it does save gas)**

Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

No labor rate here is $90 hour
Old 03-12-2008, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07WhiteSS
If you were reading anything above you would know I agree I don.t think they are gonna work I am confused why you would try to insult me I question your brain capacity to obtain what you read cause I am on your side.

PS "DUDE" is how it's spelled not dood I see we have a rocket scientist here
lol thanks for correcting me i always wanted my own spell check bitch. so do me a favor and correct the rest of my post for me. Anyways i can clearly see that you do think these things would work or think they possibly could work just by letting some retard put them on your ******* car and i wasn't trying to insult you
Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sint3k
lol thanks for correcting me i always wanted my own spell check bitch. so do me a favor and correct the rest of my post for me. Anyways i can clearly see that you do think these things would work or think they possibly could work just by letting some retard put them on your ******* car and i wasn't trying to insult you
Was not trying to be you spell check bitch just pointing out how stupid you are cause anyone else who reads this post would be able to understand what they were reading an not try to talk like a tuff guy hide-in behind a computer but it does not matter what some rookie tech with a car overloaded with heavy stereo equip. has to say by the guy that rode the little bus
Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright, guys. Seriously. It's the internet. No need to prove who has the bigger E-Dick. Back on topic, though, how are you going to test to see if these work?

Quick Reply: Just installed some magnets Fuel,coolant,Air intake