LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Its official!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taz34SS
Are you trying to yell at me? You are talking on the wrong person if you are.
Not at all! I was merely pointing out that in addition to the LS4's trans, the engine may not be able to last long with turbocharging. My statement wasn't aimed specifically at you, but at everyone who may have overlooked that fact. While I realize the L67 engines (3.8L supercharged) used in Pontiacs, Buicks and Chevys lasted (even when over-boosted with smaller aftermarket pulleys), they all used heavy-duty parts.

Last edited by jpstax; 05-13-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpstax
Not at all! I was merely pointing out that in addition to the LS4's trans, the engine may not be able to last long with turbocharging. My statement wasn't aimed specifically at you, but at everyone who may have overlooked that fact. While I realize the L67 engines (3.8L supercharged) used in Pontiacs, Buicks and Chevys lasted (even when over-boosted with smaller aftermarket pulleys), they all used heavy-duty parts.
Ok, but you used CAPS and that is a sign of YELLING...!!! LOL

Anyways, the 4t65E-HD trans used in the L67/L32 cars was a good trans, but it did have its own problems after you dropped any lower then a 3.4 pulley and if you wanted to go cam, then you would have to beef up your trans of BOOM..!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jpstax
NEVER MIND THE POTENTIAL TRANNY PROBLEMS. WHAT ABOUT THE LS4 ITSELF? THERE'S A REASON CHEVY ENGINEERS DIDN'T USE A BOOSTED LS7 FOR THE NEW CORVETTE ZR1. ITS CYLINDER WALLS WERE TOO THIN FOR SUPERCHARGING, SO THEY CHOSE THE LS3 INSTEAD, WHICH CAN ACCEPT LOTS OF BOOSTING.
Our engines are sleeved i don't think theres much chance of damaging the cylinder wall id be more worried about the piston rings. Even if someone does have a problem with the sleeves cracking i don't think they will notice it because there will still be the original bore there holding pressure. Not to mention there are some fiero people boring out the LS4 to 96mm the LS1 is 99 mm and not having any problems.

Last edited by Sint3k; 05-13-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MicroChipEngineer
Still waiting...
Thats really a shame. $5400 is a lot for me still being a student. I want to make sure that every cent of the money is going to a product and company that is supportive of the car and the customer. It would be completely foolish not to...
Old 05-14-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

The problem with the Hemi kit is tuning, there's no problem with tuning for the LS4.

It's very similar to Diablo promising to have TCM capability......you just keep waiting and waiting and waiting and it never comes imagine relying on something like that for your turbo kit sales...brutal.

Kevin's PISSED since he's got kits ready to ship but no tuning.

With the LS4 kit, it's not like you're paying for a kit that is coming out at a later date, the kits are ready to go.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:00 PM

What you say is true. But why should Kevin withhold my refund because of it? I waited patiently for 1 1/2 years and have nothing to show for it. I don't want the kit even if Diablo finally comes through. I'll be selling the Charger soon and buying a G8 GXP.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MicroChipEngineer
What you say is true. But why should Kevin withhold my refund because of it? I waited patiently for 1 1/2 years and have nothing to show for it. I don't want the kit even if Diablo finally comes through. I'll be selling the Charger soon and buying a G8 GXP.
Great choice! The G8 GXP looks like the car the second generation (LS2 powered) GTO should have been.

Link: http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...ook/index.html

Last edited by jpstax; 05-15-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Default 2008 impala ss

I've had my 08 impala ss for about two months now.. very happy w it.
Would like to start adding some performance upgrades. I was looking into a few things.. first was a cold air intake from this company called coldairinductions.com it looks pretty good. Next thing, since predator does not support the 08's yet does anyone know if the JET PCM will do what they claim it does for $227? And how about the JET mass air sensor? Will these products work? Last anyone know of any cheap exhaust tricks you can do to get car to perform a little better.. such as an exhaust by pass. Buddy of mine had this done to an 00 vette where they took a small pipe that ran from right before and right after mufflers. He said he can feel a difference and car sounds pretty good when at max rpm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks John N
Old 05-20-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jnod
I've had my 08 impala ss for about two months now.. very happy w it.
Would like to start adding some performance upgrades. I was looking into a few things.. first was a cold air intake from this company called coldairinductions.com it looks pretty good. Next thing, since predator does not support the 08's yet does anyone know if the JET PCM will do what they claim it does for $227? And how about the JET mass air sensor? Will these products work? Last anyone know of any cheap exhaust tricks you can do to get car to perform a little better.. such as an exhaust by pass. Buddy of mine had this done to an 00 vette where they took a small pipe that ran from right before and right after mufflers. He said he can feel a difference and car sounds pretty good when at max rpm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks John N
you have made a post and then a topic about the samething, please keep this to either one or the other. Not both.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by GXPJAY
The problem with the Hemi kit is tuning, there's no problem with tuning for the LS4.

It's very similar to Diablo promising to have TCM capability......you just keep waiting and waiting and waiting and it never comes imagine relying on something like that for your turbo kit sales...brutal.

Kevin's PISSED since he's got kits ready to ship but no tuning.

With the LS4 kit, it's not like you're paying for a kit that is coming out at a later date, the kits are ready to go.
Apparently, it's my fault that the Hemi kit never worked. Still no refund or replies. Going to collections.